quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I need and want to beat this addiction !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buttsnomore

Quit Date:
March 19, 2010

PostPosted: March 19, 2010 5:12 PM    Post subject: I need and want to beat this addiction ! Reply with quote

I have smoked for 40 years. Now that I can't breath because my copd has gotten so bad I realize it's TIME to STOP. A little too late some may say but better late than never. I need support from my family, which I have but I also need someplace where I can speak with others who are in my shoes today for support. I am hoping this is the place.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 19, 2010 8:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Woofmang. This is a good place to be when quitting smoking. Be sure to read Kevin's tales as they are right helpful. Also, move around the board and make yourself at home.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 19, 2010 8:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the site! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: March 19, 2010 11:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site. Great support here. Post your questions and concerns, there is always a memeber her who can help, in fact many.
Jim

Never give up on yourself. We are so worth the effort. Smoking creates nothing but misery for us and those around us. Smoking is socially unacceptable everywhere we go.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: March 20, 2010 9:36 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to woofmang. It's never too late to do what's best and you CAN do it. I had smoked for more than 45 years when I quit in 2004 -- almost 6 years ago. I was diagnosed with asthma and told it would just get worse if I didn't quit. Cold turkey ahnd woofmang worked for me but no matter how you do it, just do it.

With the support of your family and the great folks here at woofmang, you're on the right track. Stay close to these boards and just know you can do this. You're going to feel sooooooo much better.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: March 20, 2010 11:39 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!!
Believe that you CAN quit! Have a plan and understand what you are up against. Nicotine addiction can be beat...just take it one day at time!
Read, post, and read some more! Check out whyquit.com too (here's a link:www.whyquit.com - lots of information about nicotine addiction - even if they are cold turkey proponents - find what will work for you!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: