quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Frustrated, Anxious, and Worried

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 21, 2010 9:43 PM    Post subject: Frustrated, Anxious, and Worried Reply with quote

I have not have been able to complete anything today that I need to get ready for my surgery. First I couldn't get the sound on my computer to ever be able to understand. Then I thought I would try to put together the surgery equipment by just video without knowing what was being said with no luck. My BF is coming over tomorrow night to help me put the equipment together but I'm not one to depend on anyone no matter how close they are to me. I am feeling anxious to get all this stuff done and worried that I won't. I hate the fact that my brothers and cousins are not the type to be helpful either even if they were in my life at the moment. I was thinking earlier today about trying to get in the good graces of one of my brothers but then later decided it best not to. Sometimes life with no one to depend on can get so very hard and today has been one of those times.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Rusty

Quit Date:
December 13, 2004

PostPosted: March 22, 2010 9:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barbara, I think you are very nervous about your surgery and you are confused about what you want. On the one hand, you don't want your BF to help you and on the other hand you want your brothers to help you. I would like to gently suggest that you let anyone help you who will and say thank you to them with gratitude. We all need help sometimes. You have helped many people and now is maybe the time for them to repay you.

I wish you all the best with your surgery.

Rusty

The Buddha says: Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 22, 2010 10:13 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

[[[barbara]]]

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: March 23, 2010 12:39 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope all goes well tomorrow...believe it will all work out as it is supposed to - positive thinking...and it will be ok!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 23, 2010 1:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Rusty, Kevin, and Mary.

My bf came over last night and put together the bed equipment. He's coming back over tonight. He's got a cold though so we can't get too close.

My bp was high today and I could not get it to come down. I walked about 1/2 mile to the local pub this afternoon so that may have helped my bp. I don't feel so bad now anyway and I have not check the bp after the walk but will later.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: March 23, 2010 4:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts and prayers will be with you today, tomorrow and while you recover, Barbara. Take care!

Essie
4/14/04
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: