quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TGIF 5-14-10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 14, 2010 9:28 PM    Post subject: TGIF 5-14-10 Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi all,

Another weekend is upon us and now that the weather is nice I'm wondering what your plans are? I don't have any plans for tomorrow but Sunday I have plans to go out to eat and then to the river or the airport to take pictures. I guess my plans for tomorrow would be to get my aparment cleaned. It looks like my bf will be working tomorrow so he won't be going out of town this weekend. I will probably be seeing him sometime tomorrow but not sure.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 15, 2010 9:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

frances judged a horse show over in kentucky today and i stayed home and relaxed. no plans for tomorrow so far, but you never know.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: May 15, 2010 11:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing special this weekend...Curves and church and a Premier Design Jewelry party tomorrow morning. Have to bake cookies to the Library Election Day Bake Sale. Have to have them ready for Monday night drop off and packaging to be ready when the polls open on Tuesday morning.

Next weekend I'll be walking as part of a Relay for Life team. Said I'd walk during the nighttime hours.

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 17, 2010 12:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin, I bet that was fun for Frances. I can imagine how grateful you are to relax Saturday. I hope you had a nice day Sunday.

Mary, you are always so busy. What type of cookies did you bake.

I went over to bf's house Saturday night. He let his dog in the house for the 1st time this year with me there Sunday morning and the dog wore me out. She is a Chesapeake retriever and boy does she like to retrieve over and over. I kept throwing the ball for her to retrieve over and over. My bf told me not to pet her cause she might bite. When the dog put her head in my lap I wasn't thinking and petted her while I was talking to the bf. The dog did not bite me though. My sister said when the dog put her head in my lap it was a sign of submission and that's why I was able to pet her without her bitting me like my boyfriend thought the dog might.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: May 17, 2010 11:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made two different brownies and a no-bake peanut butter cereal bar - made with sugar, corn syrup, peanut butter and corn flakes - and frosted with chocolate...yummy!

I helped with the packaging, pricing and set up this evening after the library closed. I hope they have a good sale tomorrow - I can't work at the bake sale since I have to work.

The bake sale is a great fund raiser for the library! They had some really nice cookies and cakes and breads.

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 18, 2010 3:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet they were good Mary. I like brownies.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: