quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Moving on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: June 24, 2010 5:59 PM    Post subject: Moving on Reply with quote

I have been through hell and back the last couple of months but now it seems to be sorta turning for the better. David is sorta back as a friend only even I dont' want more then that. He is what I would call to much of a "pussy" for me. I need strength in a relationship. But on the plus side we( me, his mother and him) are trrying to buy a house together with me as a primary applicant. I have the best of the three of us's credit history... god knows how that happened lol. The tears of stopped the whinning is well to some point stilll there and I am moving forward ... not interested in obtaining another man inmy life as I really don't want to deal with the pain and despair that goes with a break up. Besides I know myself well enough to know that no one will put up with me anyway to as my x fiance put it "psychotic" and that is due to the bi polar and the ptsd yes I am dual diagnosed. 6 1/2 years free from smoking now and I am glad I did ofr that would of been one more thing for me to have to deal with... the hunting for a place to smoke as michigan has now banned smoking within 15 ft of any business. YEAH and there is no smoking in the bars. at least that is what aI heard. I AM glad to be a non smoker.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 24, 2010 6:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona,

Don't ever let anyone make you think you would not be wanted by some one else because of your bi-polar and PTSD. I have bi-polar and still some PTSD and have a very good man that wants me. It just takes time. My man is a supervisor for a crane operation at a major factory here. I will wonder why he wants me but then some of my friends tell me all the good things about me that my boyfreind probably likes about me.

Confidence with the opposite sex means more than anything else. The opposite sex are attracted to confident people. For some reason I was able to be more cofident with my current boyfriend than ever before. That took time though.

Please don't give uo on yourself with getting into another relationship. I agree that time may be good to heal but after that it's time to love again.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: June 29, 2010 4:20 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb,

Thank you for responding as you wre the only one that did. People turn from those like me with severe bipolar I have type 1 and No I am not good enough for the majority of people. There are friends I have that actually do acccept me for who I am and I cherish them Just wish I could get the money to run over and see them. David has been pretty good about being there and just chit chat kind of conversation but he has been here almost every day. I KNOW though I don't want him for anything more then a friend. He as I said is to much of a pussy for my taste. Yeah I knwo I have sworn here and rarely do that but I am so tired of everything that it just comes out. Normally I don't. My daughter and I are at odds like most times. I am ready to cut all ties with her as she only wants to critcice and be a "bitch" and I dont' mean a female dog in heat either.

I'm to tired to deal with all this.

Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 29, 2010 10:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona,

Do you go to psycho therapy? Therapy can really help. Things always get better sooner or later so hang in there.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
ramblerboy2

Quit Date:
April 16, 2007

PostPosted: July 1, 2010 6:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Leona,

I agree with Barbara, I dont think you should give up on love just because of diagnosed mental illness or previous break ups. Any relationship can end, and sometimes mental disorders can make it more difficult to build an understanding relationship, but it is important to not give up.

Josh

Twitter @joshualaporte
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: July 3, 2010 10:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb yes I go to therapy for what it is worth.,... the mental health people here leave alot to be desired

I have already given up for the most part even though I a dating a guy with cancer who asked me to stay by his side. I told him I would through thick and thin but unforturnatley it is all virutal... I cannot go to him and obviously he cqan't come to me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: