quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I threw them away!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobbiS

Quit Date:
July 2, 2010

PostPosted: July 2, 2010 1:25 PM    Post subject: I threw them away!!!! Reply with quote

This is the first time I've ever thrown cigarettes in the trash can. I had four left and I just got SO sick of it! The stuff I tell myself sometimes. Like, I'll just finish this pack and then quit. Why waste them? Well, why not? They wasted me!! And who cares about the cost anymore? They are $5.34 a pack, but look how much I'll have in my pocket each time I don't buy a pack. I am really sick of cigarettes. Everything about them makes me sick!

You all can help me through this I know. You have been a good source of support already. I think that "slipping" or maybe going back to smoking may just be part of the quitting process. I have quit several times, so I know I can do it. Addiction is equivalent to insanity!!! That's what I'm thinking now because I have been in so much denial and I kept smoking even though I knew it was killing me. Even though I knew I didn't want to. I understand what you mean when you call it slavery! It's all a pack of lies. I guess I'm ranting, but I know you understand what I am going through and how I feel. Some of you have been there or are in the same boat now.

Thanks for listening.

Bobbi
moose200x

Quit Date:
May 11, 2009

PostPosted: July 2, 2010 2:35 PM    Post subject: Re: I threw them away!!!! Reply with quote

BobbiS wrote:
I think that "slipping" or maybe going back to smoking may just be part of the quitting process. I have quit several times.

Bobbi- I hope you understand that once you quit you can never take another puff. Quit means Quit. and you only quit once. Either you stop smoking or smoking stops you.

And gratz on the quit!

Quit attempt #2!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: July 3, 2010 1:04 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobbi,

Many of us have quit more than once before the final quit. This sounds like your final quit and I applaud you for throwing those cigarettes away and quitting now. Keep posting and reading. You are doing good.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
BobbiS

Quit Date:
July 2, 2010

PostPosted: July 3, 2010 6:46 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard it said before, and I tend to agree that if you have quit before and started again, the quit is practice for the final quit. The real deal. The one where you never take another hit, puff, drag, or whatever you want to call it. In those quits that we didn't commit to, we learned. All of those days or months at a time I was smoke free count for something. I can't forget what I went through as a non smoker. And being a non smoker on any given day was much better than being a smoker....even if my smoke free days were less than a year. I had several days strung together of my nonsmoking lifestyle. And those days turned into months. I can't throw that out. I won't tell myself I'm a failure because I picked up the smokes again. I won't allow guilt to invade me so I can have a reason to smoke, or a sense of not measuring up to the nonsmokers who have "never understood me or my addiction" as an excuse to keep puffing away to my grave!

Peace,
Bobbi
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: July 3, 2010 9:12 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're on the road to a strong and permanent quit. Please don't let anything lead you back to the addiction. Freedom is wonderful!

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: July 6, 2010 10:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobbi - it's your quit - you will find your way to freedom! Believe you can and you will...believe you can't and you won't!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
BobbiS

Quit Date:
July 2, 2010

PostPosted: July 7, 2010 8:04 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still a nonsmoker today! Smoke free going on day 5. I'm 4 and a half hours away from day 5. I tried to post a very helpful link for support for quitting but it didn't work. Let's see if I can do it this way...

become an ex dot org

or

why quit dot com

Just put them in computer language and you'll discover some really cool facts, help tips and most of all, some very strong support from those who have been there.

Peace and thank you for the support and encouragement!!

Bobbi
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: July 7, 2010 2:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Choice sweetie...that is the magic word....it is all about choice and making the right one....make it your first thought each morning before you even open your eyes that you will not smoke......it works, promise....
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: