quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Single, white, no kids = no finacial support from the stare.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moose200x

Quit Date:
May 11, 2009

PostPosted: August 13, 2010 5:46 PM    Post subject: Single, white, no kids = no finacial support from the stare. Reply with quote

So, here is my idea. I got sick, owe money to the hospital that I just can't afford. Why don't I go out, get married, have kids I can't support, maybe do drugs and goto jail and be a complete burden on society so I would be eligible for foodstamps, healthcare and other government assistance.

I am very liberal but man, I swear, I am inching towards the right everyday.

For example, my friend has a full time job, has worked and lived on his own for 5 years. Has a decent car (07 honda-prob better than most of our cars on this forum) goes to the movies/mall/vacations. point is he is doing fine.

Well he decides to go back to college, is getting FAFSA and is getting $130 in food stamps becuase he quit his job, filed bankruptcy and moved in with his brother.

I admit, I am what society calls a "loser" but man, just cuz i work as little as possible, live at home and smoke pot doesnt mean i am out HURTING society the way my stupid friends and not to mention everyone else who is just too lazy to work.

I am all for these programs, but when you dont need them, YOU DONT USE THEM.

My friend who is going back to college said that he doesn't care if he hits someone now he doesnt have insurance cuz THEY should have uninsured motorist insurance. What the (blank) kinda thinking is that? You hit them, it's your fault, you pay. bottom line.

Thank you for reading my rant.

Quit attempt #2!
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: August 14, 2010 9:50 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand your frustration, Moose. Life sometimes just doesn't seem fair.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: August 16, 2010 10:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang in there buddy...looks like you have come up against some lemons and quirks in the system....frustrating for sure....I have a nephew who has been living off the state of California for over a year....you would think they would have figured him out by now....
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: August 17, 2010 10:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang in there and keep moving forward. Kinda like quitting ~ one day at a time!

Essie
4/14/04
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: August 23, 2010 9:07 PM    Post subject: Re: Single, white, no kids = no finacial support from the st Reply with quote

moose200x wrote:
So, here is my idea. I got sick, owe money to the hospital that I just can't afford. Why don't I go out, get married, have kids I can't support, maybe do drugs and goto jail and be a complete burden on society so I would be eligible for foodstamps, healthcare and other government assistance.

I am very liberal but man, I swear, I am inching towards the right everyday.

For example, my friend has a full time job, has worked and lived on his own for 5 years. Has a decent car (07 honda-prob better than most of our cars on this forum) goes to the movies/mall/vacations. point is he is doing fine.

Well he decides to go back to college, is getting FAFSA and is getting $130 in food stamps becuase he quit his job, filed bankruptcy and moved in with his brother.

I admit, I am what society calls a "loser" but man, just cuz i work as little as possible, live at home and smoke pot doesnt mean i am out HURTING society the way my stupid friends and not to mention everyone else who is just too lazy to work.

I am all for these programs, but when you dont need them, YOU DONT USE THEM.

My friend who is going back to college said that he doesn't care if he hits someone now he doesnt have insurance cuz THEY should have uninsured motorist insurance. What the (blank) kinda thinking is that? You hit them, it's your fault, you pay. bottom line.

Thank you for reading my rant.

Isnt there some papers you can fill out at the hospital for them to disolve part or all of what you owe them if you have no insurance?

My avatars name is moon ray
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: