quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Stupid nicotine and papers :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moose200x

Quit Date:
May 11, 2009

PostPosted: November 10, 2010 2:37 AM    Post subject: Stupid nicotine and papers :( Reply with quote

So as most of you know I smoke pot. Well, tonight my friend had rolled a blunt and was about to light it when the homeowner said we can't smoke it inside. No biggie right. So on his porch I asked him why we can't smoke it inside and he told me that blunt papers have tobacco in them. And sure enough a google search proved him right.

Problem is I smoked blunts every now and then and I smoked either a blunt or a joint on halloween night.

Just wanted to add that tonight i found out about the nicotine on the paper before we smoked it and i did not take a single puff.

Now I'm even more worried, what if someone hands me a joint with tobacco in it! I'll be rehooked!

I guess the lesson is drug use has it's dangers.

EDIT*** Now that I think about I don't think I smoked that blunt on halloween. I remember I was going to but never did hit it.

Lesson learned and avoided woot!

Quit attempt #2!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: November 11, 2010 9:05 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moose, good for you for not smoking Halloween night.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: November 11, 2010 11:45 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI

Copied from wiki.answers.com

Q. Does marijuana contain nicotine?

A. No, it does not. But if it is rolled up with tobacco, the smoke will contain nicotine. There's more.
Though marijuana doesn't containe nicotine, it does have a number of hazardous chemicals in it. The problem is that when combustion occurs in smoking materials, the combustion process does not completely reduce the burned material to ash. The partial comubustion of the materials results in dozens (hundreds, actually) of different chemical compounds, as well as carbon monoxide, and soot and other particulate matter are present in large quantities.

Breathing any kind of smoke is not a good idea, particularly in heavy concentrations. A wiff of the grill and the campfire are not to be missed, but we don't stand in a cloud of smoke and try to breathe. Our lungs don't like that. And with smoking - the deliberate inhalation of combustion byproducts - we tend to "hold in" the smoke longer. Particularly when smoking marijuana. This allows greater THC uptake (which is the reason it is smoked) but also allows greater uptake of all the other junk in the smoke. And more particulate matter, those tiny particles of soot and such, have more time to get stuck to something and then are not exhaled.

There are a number of organic compounds that are known carcinogens in marijuana smoke. Sure, there's no nicotine, but some of the other cancer causing chemicals in tobacco are present in cannibis smoke - and at twice the levels they are in smoke from tobacco. Smoking anything is a bad idea if you wish to avoid "dirty" lungs. Breathing smoke is unhealthy, regardless of what is burning. Smoking is a fast way to maximize uptake of THC, but it comes at a price.

Make whatever choices you wish. The word on the street is that THC is a muscle relaxant, appetite enhancer and a couple of other thing. But don't kid yourself. Smoke - the partially combusted products of burning something - isn't good for you. Firefighters have known this for decades.

Never give up on yourself. We are so worth the effort. Smoking creates nothing but misery for us and those around us. Smoking is socially unacceptable everywhere we go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: