quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Day 2 and Beyond

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
milehibat

Quit Date:
November 22, 2010

PostPosted: November 23, 2010 10:47 AM    Post subject: Day 2 and Beyond Reply with quote

So I have started on day 2, and after reading that this is HELL week I so agree. I figure I need a spot where I can post my daily thoughts and such so I figured this might be the best place. The moderator can choose to move it if it belongs elsewhere. I am just going to make this an on going post about my daily progress.

I did alot of perusing the site yesterday and so many stories and such are amazing to read as you think that you are alone in the struggle only to find there are plenty of people who are going through the same exact thing as you. That is the most comforting feeling.

I will tell you I find it amazing how the brain works through all this. I am constantly finding reasons to quit the quit. (did that make sense?) My resolve is certainly stronger this time no doubt. I think my biggest excuse right now is "I am just a nicer person when I smoke" which really might be the case when I am not suffering withdrawal. Yeah I know I am more on edge with withdrawal symptoms but once I get over that hill I imagine myself being the usual me only smoke free. It certainly is an uphill battle but I KNOW I can do it this time.
Another thing I am constantly reminding myself is how much I truly HATED smoking. I hated the smell, the taste, the way it made my clothes stink. I hated standing out in the freezing cold because my addiction was so much more important then warmth.
I am thankful today for this message board. Everytime I feel like I can not do it, I come here and read a few posts and realize that I CAN DO IT.

Thanks to everyone who has ever posted here!

J.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 24, 2010 8:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you're climbing a mountain, the easiest path is to let gravity do its job and just roll back down, but you'll never get to the top that way: you get to the top by keeping your eye on where you're going and moving towards it, one step at a time.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: