quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

GOOD MORNING ALL..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rbns567

Quit Date:
May 18, 2004

PostPosted: June 17, 2004 6:39 AM    Post subject: GOOD MORNING ALL.. Reply with quote

Hello and Good Morning well its nearly lunch time but I have been doing a lot of housework ect as I am off camping tomorrow early just for a weekend I love camping and the outdoors..when my friend and I go camping we look like the clampets..with care camping stuff inc tent (duh silly me stupid thing of course we would have the tent..)gas all the stuff oh plus 2 dogs but we both enjoy it and it gets us away from the rat race of city life..AHH PEACE..well all except being woken up at 3.30am by dawn corus of birds..which do sound rather loud at that time but what the heck its the country life..in manchester where I live in england the birds caugh lol and pple say smoking mucks up your insides they want to smell manchester inner city air..car smoke ect ect..ugh! so thats why we like to go camping...hope your all having success with your quits..Ros Very Happy

previously rosspink
jennifer32327

Quit Date:
November 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 17, 2004 8:24 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ros, I like going camping as well. I already live in the country kinda so for me it's getting away from my home and my everyday surroundings. I hope you have I wonderful time! I know you will! Camping is so much fun. This could be a great reward for you. I haven't thought about mine yet.
Have a good Day!

Cool Cool Cool

I have been quit for 6 Days, 8 hours, 24 minutes and 8 seconds (6 days). I have saved $25.40 by not smoking 127 cigarettes. I have saved 10 hours and 35 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 6/11/2004

Jennifer,

Keep your heart open to dreams for
as long as there is dream there is hope
and as long as there is hope
there is joy in living!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 17, 2004 8:47 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOOHH...Have fun! Although I have never been able to find my "Inner Woodswoman", I do understand camping is fun for those who enjoy it. Wink

What kind of dogs? Tying this into the quit smoking theme of woofmang....I used to feel so guilty about smoking around my dog. He was killed in a tragic accident on 11/25/2003 ~ but I know he is looking down giving big barks on my not smoking. He was much smarter than I, as a puppy he stuck his nose in an ashtray....once!!! He knew how filthy my smoking addiction was! Cool

Have a great weekend!

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: June 17, 2004 9:49 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alleghany:

So sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved dog. Believe me, I am one who understands just how deeply a dog and a human can love each other.

I love my dog, Ross Allen, so very much. It will certainly be a terrible day when I lose him, and it will be something I will never really get over.

So, please accept my condolences.

If you are interested, here's a link to a little website I created about Ross Allen.

http://home.earthlink.net/~tsjay51/raj.html

Tom

I have been quit for 5 Months, 2 Weeks, 2 Days, 10 hours, 17 minutes and 14 seconds (168 days). I have saved $631.60 by not smoking 5,052 cigarettes. I have saved 2 Weeks, 3 Days and 13 hours of my life. My Quit Date: 12/31/2003

If a person with Multiple Personality Disorder threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
Rbns567

Quit Date:
May 18, 2004

PostPosted: June 17, 2004 10:45 AM    Post subject: ABOUT CAMPING AND DOGS Reply with quote

Well for those who asked what kinds of dogs are going camping! one is a blue roan cocker spaniel english version as I believe there is an american cocker spaniel, she is 4 yrs old and spoilt, when she was less than 9 months old she was very ill with a rare strain of parvovirus.(yes she had been innoculated..unfortunatly this went onto develope into a problem with her panrease(cannot spell for toffee am hopeless) she was in the vetinary hospital for 3 weeks and they thought she would loose her fight for life but they worked a miracle and she survived.now she cannot eat anything with fat in it, but thank god she is a near normal weight, she is called bracken..the other is wraggs who is a 7 year old border collie, she was from a rescue centre in wales she was rescued from a puppy farm, she loves watching TV and anything about sheep and sheep dogs one day I was watching the sheep dog trails the sheep went off screen and wraggs went round the back of the TV whining wondering where the sheep went..Oh Dear I did laugh about it..but they love camping bracken still sits on my bum bag which is like a money belt..she used to lie on it and fall asleep when she was tiny, unfortuantly her back end is somewhat larger so she struggles to stay on..between me and you I hold her on..they both love swimming in the water..wraggs went into the sea once where some boats were moored they were moored by like floats..but wraggs loves balls thought they were balls for playing with and popped one..so it was a rather fast retreat with my friend and myself red faced.. Embarassed the dogs they thought its great fun! well I hope these little tales have given you all a giggle...Ros
(Jennifer am glad your ok and doing well !)

previously rosspink
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: June 17, 2004 4:46 PM    Post subject: Have fun Reply with quote

Hi Ros,

Sounds like you're going to have lots of fun. Afraid I'm not an outdoorswoman; enjoy camping at the Holiday Inn.

Our daughter and son-in-law had an English Cocker Spaniel also. Her name was Chelsea and she was a fantastic dog. Terrific with the children. However, she passed away about 2 years ago at the age of l3. Naturally we were all devastated.

Have a great time.

Living free for 2M, 6D, 19H, 15M and loving it.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
bwick18

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 17, 2004 11:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camping sounds like so much fun-I am hoping to get a trip in this summer with the kids, dog, and hubby. We have an English Springer Spaniel puppy and I am trying to keep my patience with him during my quit. He really is sweet, just a big lunk head!!

Barb
After the rain comes the rainbow- I will get my rainbow back
bjj

Quit Date:
April 7, 2004

PostPosted: June 18, 2004 12:45 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoy reading about pets who are loved and well cared for. I agree with Tom that no one should have an animal unless they are prepared to love them and spend time with them. It does hurt so much when they die, but they give so much. Tom, I did check out your site on Ross Allen. I did love the pictures and your writing certainly shows how much you care and how proud you are of him!
I am not a camper either, but really enjoy a cabin in the woods (with an indoor bathroom, and kitchen of course). I am sure you, your friend, and the dogs will have a great time.

Bonnie

"Always think of what you have to do as easy and it will become so".
Emile Coue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: