quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

after 2 weeks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
selma b

Quit Date:
February 14, 2011

PostPosted: March 1, 2011 9:40 AM    Post subject: after 2 weeks Reply with quote

Hello all
I did not smoke for 2 full weeks. Had trouble sleeping for awhile but that is gone now.
I feel really happy today. Don’t know why. No special reason just happy to breathe. And that, I do.. A lot. I still have to take deep breath every ˝ hour or so. I just feel the need to do it. So I do.
Cravings to smoke are still there of course. The worst is in the afternoon after I get home from work. That was my “happy” heavy smoking time before, so I have to fill it with something else now. Spend a lot of time on quitnet. They have good support group and chat room are always full of people.
I come here every day but it is really quiet. I am usually the only person on. So I check posts I did not read already, do some inspirational reading and leave. I see we have new people register but they did not post anything yet.
Anyway, that is my post for 2 weeks.
Selma
Laughing
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: March 1, 2011 10:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see you on woofmang, Selma. It's also wonderful to learn how well you're doing with your quit. Two weeks is nothing to be ignored -- terrific progress.

During your former "happy" smoking session time, could you find something to do with your hands? Perhaps something like writing a journal, doing some handwork (knitting, crocheting, etc.), or anything else that would keep both your mind and hands occupied.

Please stay in touch. You're doing so well; won't be long and we'll be celebrating your 1st month as a free woman. Very Happy

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
selma b

Quit Date:
February 14, 2011

PostPosted: March 1, 2011 11:46 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Thanks for your response.
I do a lot of crafts so I should have something to do with my hands but funny, I somehow lost interest in many of the things I loved before and never had the time. I have to get active again.
I hope that weather will get better soon too so that I can go outside more.
Selma
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 1, 2011 7:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations on your first two weeks of freedom, selma! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: March 1, 2011 9:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea!! Two weeks of freedom, that deserves a celebration! Keep it going, Selma!

Essie
4/14/04
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: March 1, 2011 11:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Selma! Two weeks is wonderful!! Do you have a list of things you can do instead of smoking? Make sure you keep adding to it - and have both fun things as well as things you just need/want to accomplish. Its nice to have a list when your brain just want to think about smoking - there is a really long list somewhere here on woofmang...maybe you can find it....

Have you planned any rewards for yourself? Make sure you have something great planned for one month!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
selma b

Quit Date:
February 14, 2011

PostPosted: March 4, 2011 9:41 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mary
I read the list of things to do when cravings hit (many, many times) Smile
And I do a lot of those things. My house is cleaner than ever before. That's a good thing. First of course because it is nice to have clean house. But more importantly, because I am slowly getting the smoking stench out... Not easy... It is my furniture and rugs.. Tried fabrize but it is not really effective. Guess I will have to hire someone to wash it.
Very soon , I think I will spray my cat with Windex too Very Happy .
Anyway , in two days I will have full 3 weeks. Hurray!!!!
Selma
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: March 4, 2011 10:26 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on having almost 3 weeks of freedom.

Our house had that terrible smoke smell too and, with time, it went away. I opened windows every time the temperature was nice enough. The fresh air seemed to do a real number on the stale smell.

Keep kicking nickodemon where it hurts. You're doing a fantastic thing for you and your family!

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: March 4, 2011 5:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Selma you are doing great....you may try some white vinegar (in a small bowl)
left out on counters to absorb some of the smell

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: March 4, 2011 8:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

WooHoo, Selma! You're doing it! Almost three weeks is super!

Essie
4/14/04
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: March 4, 2011 10:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Cool Cool - week one
Scowling Demon Scowling Demon Scowling Demon - week two
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy - week three!!!!

Keep it going Selma....they say it takes 21 days to form new habit...so not smoking will be your new habit in just a few day!! Congratulations!

Mary D.
PMac

Quit Date:
January 3, 2011

PostPosted: March 4, 2011 11:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep at it Selma...you know you can do it Smile you are doing it !
Lulubella

Quit Date:
April 17, 2011

PostPosted: March 6, 2011 9:59 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are doing great Selma!! Very Happy Keep choosing to never take another puff. I am new to this site, but I have been visiting for over a month during and prior to my quit. I haven't smoked for over a month and am so happy that I stopped smoking. I only stopped smoking once before because I was hospitalized--I was forced to stop and I lit a cig as soon as I got out. This quit is different. I was ready and I emppowered myself with knowledge about nicotine addiction and smoking behaviour. Woofmang, the tales of the quit, helped me so much during the process of staying quit--especially the little imp one--what a creative, ingenious way to explain addiction and so true. Another thing that helped me is a book. I read it just prior to quitting and I read it again during the first week of not smoking. I don't know if I can say the name or author here. Everything in this book just clicked and made so much sense. Say this to yourself whenever you have a thought of smoking just one, "There is no such thing as one cigarette. Smoking is a drug addiction and a chain reaction. The first cigarette I ever smoked is responsible for the thousands of cigarettes I smoked ever since. If I smoke just one, am I willing to smoke the thousands that willfollow it? Please let me know if I can name the book and author on here.[/b]
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: March 6, 2011 11:27 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lulubella - I don't believe Kevin has any rules about offering information about what has helped someone - this site is about people helping people beat addiction to nicotine. I'd guess if you do a search for the author's name or the title of the book - it might already be in a message/post here. I remember alot of discussions about the Alan Carr book. We had several discussion about medications vs cold turkey etc -

Take care! Keep your quit strong! Keep choosing freedom!

Mary D.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 6, 2011 11:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only time i would object to anyone posting the name and author of a book is if the poster was selling the book (for themselves or someone else) and there was a link to the sales page for that book and the poster hadn't asked my permission to post that link.

if anyone wants to post the name and author of a book that helped them get quit, and they're doing it in the spirit of helping other people do the same, and not for monetary gain, i have no objection at all. in fact, i'd encourage them to do so.

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: