quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Will power!!! Where have you gone???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erickg23

Quit Date:
February 6, 2012

PostPosted: March 15, 2011 9:28 AM    Post subject: Will power!!! Where have you gone??? Reply with quote

I have tried Chantix, patch, gum, etc...I can't tell you how BAD i hate to smoke but I put this nasty thing in my body time and time again. I WANT to quit SO BAD but I always break down.

How do you all find the will power to NOT go back to smoking? People all around me in my office smokes, I bartend at a bar few times a month and you can smoke in there I feel its ALWAYS around me so I give in.

I guess I just need to stop being so weak and JUST DO IT! I can't tell you how many times I have "stoped" smoking not "QUIT". I want to QUIT!!!

I am going to start again tomorrow, I need too! I am going to come back on here like I used to and stay on the boards and read and write to all you guys so I can keep my self on track.

So I am going to TRY this AGAIN, and will let you know how I do. This time im doing in cold turkey!

Have a good day everyone,

Erick

Peace & Love, Peace & Love

Erick
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: March 15, 2011 10:19 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erick, Re: tending bar and smoking because it is always around you, move to Michigan, we're smoke free! LOL

Now seriously, "one minute at a time" that's how you fight the urge! Fight it off, move to the next minute. Soon you will be up to hours, days, months and years. Drink lots of water, take lots of deep breaths. Welcome back!

Essie
4/14/04
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: March 15, 2011 10:26 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eriickg, you wrote, "so I am going to TRY this AGAIN." No! You are going to QUIT! Be stubborn. Don't let Laughing Demon play his silly little games with your mind. You're far stronger than a wad of dried toabcco leaves rolled up in a cheap piece of paper.

Begin your QUIT and hang on. You know we're all here to help when help is needed.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 15, 2011 11:27 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

you don't need will power, erick; you just need to make the conscious choice not to smoke, over and over, until it becomes part of you. think about how you got addicted in the first place: you chose to smoke, over and over and over again, until it became a subconscious part of you; until you didn't have to think about it any more. you just smoked.

there's an old saying, "if you walk five miles into the woods, you'll have to walk five miles to get back out." just reverse the process that you used to get addicted; every time you get an urge is an opportunity to choose not to smoke again. but don't wait for the urge; choose not to smoke even when you're not craving a smoke.

you can do this.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
erickg23

Quit Date:
February 6, 2012

PostPosted: March 15, 2011 1:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!!! what you all wrote is so true...Not gonna try this again am going to do it.

Peace & Love, Peace & Love

Erick
mrsrubytuesday

Quit Date:
May 21, 2008

PostPosted: March 15, 2011 6:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erick - Find yourself lots of good reasons to quit - more reasons than you have to smoke. Other people's reasons don't work - especially lectures on health, polluting other people's air etc.
For me, a couple of good reasons were because I had a long flight coming up (to the US from the UK- 11 hours!) and a non-smoking hotel to stay in when I got there. Only a smoker can know what panic and worry this sort of thing produces - a non-smoker couldn't understand. Your reasons don't need to be noble or a big deal just anything that you can see would be so much easier as a non-smoker. Money is a also a good motivator - just think of all the things you could buy!
You can do it!
brownbrown

Quit Date:
December 12, 2011

PostPosted: December 21, 2011 11:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the biggest problems.... smokers often have a lot of smoking friends!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: