quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I'm back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matta89

Quit Date:
January 1, 2013

PostPosted: May 13, 2011 6:52 AM    Post subject: I'm back Reply with quote

Hey every-one!

Not sure if anyone remembers me; but I've been on here during a few of my quits. I'm back at a quit; with a more serious focus. My sister died at 40 from a asthma attack; from her 20+ years of smoking a few weeks ago.

I'm about 48 hours in; and doing pretty good... besides for something I've never experienced before. I'm sore, my hips, my back, my arms. I never got that in any of my other quit's; I find it kinda odd. I'm looking forward getting past the 72 hour point and for the cravings to be a little less intense...

Matt

-Matt

"If you are living out of a sense of obligation you are slave."
Wayne Dyer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: May 13, 2011 9:32 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Matt. I do remember you and am very happy that you've quit smoking. Could the "hurts" you're feeling be from tension -- stiff muscles perhaps?

I'm so sorry to learn of your sister's death. What a terrible way to get a wake up call. Hang in there. This is definitely doable and you're strong enough to do it.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: May 13, 2011 12:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt and welcome back. Sorry to hear you lost your sister. Remember~"one minute at a time".

Essie
4/14/04
mrsrubytuesday

Quit Date:
May 21, 2008

PostPosted: May 13, 2011 5:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt - I remember you too - sorry to hear of your loss. When you give up smoking you experience all sorts of different niggling pains, and painful emotions will be very much with you at the moment regardless of whether you were trying to give up smoking or not.
Here's the best advice I was given " Giving up smoking is hard, don't make yourself go through it again!". You're through the worst - don't go back - not ever- you can do it.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: May 13, 2011 6:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll "amen" what Mrs.Ruby wrote. Don't make yourself go through it again.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
matta89

Quit Date:
January 1, 2013

PostPosted: May 15, 2011 2:03 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! I have no plans on going back; just taking it moment by moment; Passed the 72 hour point and in a few hours I'll be at the 96 hour point.

Today didn't go by as slowly and the cravings were nothing compared to a few days ago. I've noticed 10-3am seem to be my worse points; because I smoked the most during this point; I was working and since I worked from home; I'd light up at my desk. But I've gotton past every craving; been chewing up straws today during cravings.

@kann; the soreness has been in odd areas; like my hips. it seems to be getting better now.

-Matt

"If you are living out of a sense of obligation you are slave."
Wayne Dyer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: May 15, 2011 9:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Matta! One day at a time - that's a good way to get through! Stay focused on what you really want....Freedom! I know you can do this!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 19, 2011 7:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome back, matt - sorry to hear about your sister; that's way too young - keep it going this time! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: May 19, 2011 10:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Matt. So sorry about your sister.
Jim

Never give up on yourself. We are so worth the effort. Smoking creates nothing but misery for us and those around us. Smoking is socially unacceptable everywhere we go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: