quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Smoking Dreams tyring to get me start again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric B.

Quit Date:
May 31, 2011

PostPosted: July 10, 2011 2:25 PM    Post subject: Smoking Dreams tyring to get me start again. Reply with quote

So I'm almost on my 5th week smoke free after quitting cold turkey. I'm starting to get dreams now about smoking! Laughing

A night ago I had a dream and it was telling me that 1 cigarette wouldn't hurt, I actually can't remember the details of this dream too well now but thats the message I got.

The night that just past was the most bizarre. In the dream I was a casual smoker having the thought of giving it up completely while holding a pack of the brand cigarettes I normally bought when I was smoking in real life. Also in the dream, it was telling me that casual smoking is not dangerous.
I woke up and thought to myself. But I already quit why I would quit again! Then I realized I was dreaming.

Its just completely crazy my unconscious mind is telling me these things. Thought I would share it. Surprised
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: July 10, 2011 4:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job on your quit!! Keep it going!!
I think you need to recruit your sub-conscious mind to join you in your smoke-free life!! Old Laughing Demon is trying to get you back...recognize the lie that "just one" is...and know that the true "casual" smoker is a rare bird who is immune to the power of nicotine. If you are like me - and know that you are a nicotine addict - always remember - Not One Puff Ever... NOPE - no nicotine for me...Keep choosing freedom!! Glad you shared your dreams - actually more like nightmares! Don't listen to ole Scowling Demon

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: July 10, 2011 8:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember, Eric, as addicts "we're just a puff away from a pack a day."

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
GaryMahara

Quit Date:
April 22, 2011

PostPosted: July 10, 2011 8:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Eric,

Those smoking dreams are bizarre eh? The one or two I've had have been SO realistic that I've felt sad, depressed and such a let down to myself whilst in the dream. Upon waking the sense of relief I've felt at still being smoke free has just served to bolster my resolve.

Good on you Eric, keep it going. The more tricks Nico throws at you, the more you're kicking his a$$.

Where are all the news crews when EXXON isn't spilling stuff?
Eric B.

Quit Date:
May 31, 2011

PostPosted: July 14, 2011 5:32 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary the smoking dreams I had are pretty lucid or Realistic as you said.

I searched on Google for smoking dreams and appears that reoccurring lucid smoking dreams are pretty common a few weeks after quitting.

I haven't had any recently this past couple of night though, least not any I can remember. But I expect probably this is not the end of them. Smile
thejulielakes

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 19, 2011 4:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am starting my eighth year as a non-smoker and I still have dreams. I dream that since I quit, I have been smoking a cig every now and then and able to keep it at just a cig every now and again (and I am smoking my rare cig in the dream.) I always feel so terrible when I wake up that I failed, and I know I can't "smoke every now and then". Then I realize that I DON'T smoke, and I am so happy and relieved. I thnk it is a subconcious thing our brains are doing to tell us how AWFUL it would be to smoke again and fail the quit, while allowing us to keep our quit. My dad quit 22 years ago and my sis quit 17 years ago, and we all still have the dreams.

I hope you can use the dreams to your advantage in helping you keep your quit!
Evan_M

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 7, 2012 2:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

However, you must know that nicotine can remain in the bloodstream even up to a month after quitting cigarettes. So, if you really don't want your life and dreams go up in smoke, here are some measures you can take to flush nicotine out of your system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: