quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My Beating Heart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Dreamer

Quit Date:
April 2, 2012

PostPosted: December 3, 2011 6:19 AM    Post subject: My Beating Heart Reply with quote

Way effective and I am surprised at this method. Its pretty basic but it works so much for me. Every time i get a craving i place both palms on my chest, on ontop the other, and listen to the beating of my heart. I sometimes even whisper 'Im sorry' to make up for the damage already.lol. I cherish every beat, it refreshes all the knowledge i have about the harms of smoking, the pictures, the sad stories, everything. . . everything to motivate me to hold out. The beating of my heart reminds me that im alive, still alive, and if i continue the habit of smoking-that status will change. The heart will no longer beat and i will be dead. . . .Give it up b4 its too late!!
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: December 3, 2011 10:25 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thinking. We all have our methods and aids to quitting. At the beginning of my quit, I wrote in a journal when I felt the "need" for a cigarette. By the time I had quit writing how I was feeling, the "need" was gone.

Keep it up. You're on the road to freedom!

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
The Dreamer

Quit Date:
April 2, 2012

PostPosted: December 3, 2011 11:36 AM    Post subject: thanks, i love the group Reply with quote

Thansk Kannprint for the well needed encourage. I cannot even begin to say how much this group has helped me. I dont even wait for doubt to route it self before i check the group. I love you guys. And i will love the longer life too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: