quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Waiting on Dad's result

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Dreamer

Quit Date:
April 2, 2012

PostPosted: December 7, 2011 11:13 PM    Post subject: Waiting on Dad's result Reply with quote

I recently told you guys that on my 5th day of quitting, my own dad was admitted to the hospital due to lung issues caused by smoking. They had put tubes in him to extract liquid from his lung. His condition seemed to have been improving.

However i learned yesterday, that they had to take him back to the ER because there was a mysterious cut on his lung that did not seem to be healing and was being made worse by a cough he had. They've done a biopsy of his lung so the family and myself are here praying for the best. The best results that is!!! I hope whatever caused the problems in the first place is something that can be 'fixed' 'merely' by quitting smoking.

Praying For The Best,
NieNie.

P.S. As for me I'm holding out. I'm 8 days in on quitting cold turkey.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: December 13, 2011 12:27 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dreamer - NieNie - Hope the news was good for your dad. Sure sounded pretty scary!

I missed your early posts - so WELCOME to woofmang! I'm glad you only smoked for four years...it took me 24 years of smoking to figure out those cancer sticks would kill me... You are wise beyond your years - knowing that its time to quit...

I hope you've stayed smoke free since your last posts...even with the long distance worry with your dad in the hospital - quitting can be difficult - but the rewards are amazing...take it one day at time!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: December 13, 2011 11:50 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sending prayers for you and your Dad. Hope the news is good.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: