quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

8 years

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > lunaversaries, anniversaries, and celebrations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken

Quit Date:
December 11, 2003

PostPosted: December 11, 2011 10:48 AM    Post subject: 8 years Reply with quote

Hello all you wonderful people,
For the last few weeks I have been thinking about what I was going to write about for my 8tn and it has been difficult to come up with something good until Friday of this last week. I took my youngest son to a recovery center. He has been in a number of recovery centers from here in Oregon to Florida. Some times I wondered to myself if he was just on a nice vacation. When dropping him off at the center I wanted to speak with someone there in privacy. So I spoke with John in his office and he was going through all the different people that come in there for recovery and who makes it and who doesn’t. He then went on to talk about the mental battle and who wins and so on. I told him that I knew exactly what he was talking about because in two days I was going to have my 8th anniversary quitting smoking and chewing tobacco. He said “then you know what it is all about because it is the same”.
On my way back home I got to thinking about all the times that I had quit only to start again in a few days. It was only FFS, quit smoking support @ woofmang and all the helpful people that I was able to quit for good.
So to all the wonderful people out there
Thank you
God Bless
Ken
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: December 11, 2011 9:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the same to you, Ken. Without your support as well as all the wonderful people here at woofmang, I never would have made it.

Congrats on 8 years of freedom and prayers for your son's recovery!

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: December 11, 2011 10:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Ken and I hope your son does well....I agree with you the FFs program, woofmang and the gang saved my life too! I am thankful with every breath I am able to still take....
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Ken

Quit Date:
December 11, 2003

PostPosted: December 12, 2011 10:44 AM    Post subject: 1 or 2 AM Reply with quote

You guys up at 1 or 2 in the morning.
I'm sawing logs at that time.
Have a wonderful day
Ken
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: December 13, 2011 12:18 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ken - Congrats on EIGHT YEARS!! Awesome...I hope your son finds his way to freedom...fighting addiction is a life and death battle...I count my many blessing and woofmang and my friends here are high on my list!

Keep that beautiful quit strong!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Jessquits

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 14, 2011 5:20 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is VERY inspiring. I just came across this forum on google and, what a place.

I am in my early 20's and have just started to quit smoking. I am finding it VERY hard. I have set up a personal blog talking about my experiences and stuff I am trying, I am even trying hypnotherapy!

My blog can be found at quitsmokingquick .co.uk , if anyone fancies throwing some moral support my way it would be greatly appreciated.

So lucky I found this forum, it's fantastic.

Jessica x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > lunaversaries, anniversaries, and celebrations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: