quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New to the group

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bequit

Quit Date:
January 21, 2012

PostPosted: January 16, 2012 1:48 PM    Post subject: New to the group Reply with quote

I have quit only to go back to smoking again and again. IN my forties I quit for 6 years only to fall prey to this horrible nicotine addition again. More recently March 26 of 2010, WE quit (my husband and I) only to fall back last October both of us. He is not interested in quiting again (weight gain). I don't have a choice I don't feel good (again) the cough is back and my wallet is much lighter. This Sat is my quit date (weekends are best no stress). I hope......................
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 16, 2012 3:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to woofmang, bequit. As everyone here knows, quitting is not easy. However, it is possible and very rewarding. I quit after smoking for 45+ years and have been free of the demon for over 7 years.

You CAN do it! Have faith in yourself. Read everything you can about quitting and some of the methods others have used. The thing that helped me most was keeping a journal. When I thought I wanted to smoke, I picked up a pen instead of a cigarette, and wrote in my journal. By the time I had finished writing, I no longer had a craving for a smoke.

I look forward to "visiting" with you here at woofmang. Smile

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: January 21, 2012 10:37 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome BeQuit!! You know you can get through the initial struggle and walk away from the cigarettes...I'm sorry you have to go through the tough first days again... try to remember every minute of the struggle if you think it will help you to stay quit down the road...maybe try the journal idea Jo suggested. Take it one day at a time...maybe write down your reasons for quitting and review them when you are in the middle of a crave... It will be different with your husband still smoking - but believe in yourself - and think of all the benefits of a smoke-free life!! You CAN do it!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: