quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Whats it gonna take, your own stage 4 ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LANEY

Quit Date:
January 12, 2011

PostPosted: March 23, 2012 3:17 AM    Post subject: Whats it gonna take, your own stage 4 ?? Reply with quote

I havent been on here in a while, some of the days seem to blend into the next & I dont remember anything. It sounds pretty bad but I have been doing better with this different chemo I tried last week and I have to go in for more lab work this week to see if theres any improvement. The dr. put me on a steroid & I actually feel really good right now & I'm actually doing house work but I know tomorrow I may not be able to get out of bed. My dr. told me last week im running out of options, & that hit hard. I'm not ready to say goodbye to my family & I'm scared of the unknown. Still want that cig??? Whats it gonna take to get at least a few to quit? I'm kicking myself every day for doing this to my self. I look into my husbands eyes & they always look so sad. My friends are gone and a few of my relitives. I was always the one who could make them laugh but they just cant handle this. Laney

Life isn't about how to survive the storm........ But how to dance in the rain. author unknown
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: March 23, 2012 9:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Laney, how I want to be with you and give you big hugs. I'm very happy that the new chemo is at least giving you some help. I wish every smoker would read your posts and I know that's your wish too.

Please take care and write when you can. Love and prayers to you and your family.

I keep remembering your line, "Life isn't about how to survive the storm........ But how to dance in the rain."

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: March 23, 2012 9:19 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugs Laney. I, too, wish they could be delivered in person. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take care of you.

Essie
4/14/04
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: April 13, 2012 9:30 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're still in my daily prayers, Laney.

As often as you feel up to it, please keep posting.

Tom

If a person with Multiple Personality Disorder threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: April 14, 2012 12:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

love you girl and wish you a peaceful day....thanks for posting your story and I am sure it will reach someone who needs to hear it.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: April 14, 2012 8:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laney
I have logged on many times and read your update. I finally decided I needed to post to you and and give you my cyber support. You are certainly a fighter. I am not sure I could hang in there like you have. You are strong and Tuff.
Jim

Never give up on yourself. We are so worth the effort. Smoking creates nothing but misery for us and those around us. Smoking is socially unacceptable everywhere we go.

Last edited by jimotter on May 12, 2012 10:20 PM; edited 1 time in total
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: May 6, 2012 5:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laney - Sorry I've not read this post - until just now. I hope you continue to take things one day at a time...I'm glad you keep sharing your journey - and I hope someone is seeing your posts and taking to heart the urgency you share - I'm sure there is someone you are helping...believe it!

Keeping you in my prayers... and sending a hug!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: July 5, 2012 3:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone heard from Laney?

If a person with Multiple Personality Disorder threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: July 5, 2012 4:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I know of. I've been quite concerned but don't know how to reach her.

Kay (Cowgirl Up) has started a group on Facebook called "Woof." There are quite a few of our woofmang friends who've joined. If you're on Facebook, I know everyone would love to "see" you. Kevin is part of the group too.

Hope all is going well and, if you hear from Laney, please let me know and I'll do the same.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: July 5, 2012 7:19 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo:

I'm worried too. I sent her a private message on January 26th that she never replied to.

Tom

tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: July 5, 2012 7:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo:

Please send me a link to Kay's Facebook page that you mentioned. I can't find it by searching on Facebook. Send it via private message if you want to. Thanks.

Tom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: