quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sorry
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: December 30, 2012 6:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Barbara is still around and on woofmang occasionally.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: January 29, 2013 11:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still around - but I don't check in very often...good to see some familiar faces here...good to see you here PinkPearl - and your Moon Ray avitar. Happy 2013!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 16, 2013 8:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there Pink. How are you? Do you do facebook? A lot of us old timers are there.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: April 20, 2013 9:39 AM    Post subject: Never get here anymore Reply with quote

Hi,

Funny there was a time when I couldn't make it through a day without stopping by but now that life seems so far away. Between my family (my son is 5 now) and my job and other interests it seems a lot of the things that saw me through at one time have fallen by the wayside.

It is nice to see so many people from the past. I like the idea of facebook, I have few friends there since I tend to friend only people with whom I actually have a relationship. Seems to me saying we have a relationship is an understatement. People here know more about me than even my family, you were witness to my worst times. We saw each other through the hardest time in our lives and came out the other side stronger and changed in ways we may never actually know consciously. I miss the closeness of this crew. There are few people I know now who know I used to smoke and most of them are incredulous that I was ever trapped in that addiction.

Take care my friends.

I wish you peace.

alison
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 23, 2013 4:09 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alison,

Ditto on what you said. It's nice to see you post.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: April 18, 2014 9:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are all from my quit days...I remember each and every one of you!!! I've been thinking a lot about this site lately because I'm coming up on my 10 year quit too. Damn those early days were Hell!!! Thank God we all stuck with it. I dropped off coming here for the most part because reading the stories were just too much of a painful reminder of that early quit...wasn't really emotionally strong enough to help others. And now? Well I guess now I'm just in a new chapter. But I think of this often. You all helped save my life and will be forever grateful. Think I need to pop in a little more often. Feeling a little stronger these days Smile
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 20, 2014 9:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kerry. Nice to see you.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Backfist

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 26, 2014 1:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't come here anymore either; I guess we get secure in our quits, and life takes over, and the old groups kinda disperse. But, yeah, I do so remember the folks on this board, and the ALA Freedom from Smoking (I came here with a bunch of folks when there were changes to that site) and how important my online buddies were to me during those first hard/weird years.

I hope that others can benefit, but I have noticed that the boards aren't active like they once were.

quit date: November 21, 2002
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: