quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

looking for old and new quit buddys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrissy

Quit Date:
April 21, 2007

PostPosted: January 1, 2013 11:02 PM    Post subject: looking for old and new quit buddys Reply with quote

Been smoking again....the evil nic monster is still at his tricks....wanna set a quit date but gonna need lots of buddy's and support....who's game? ??

Always In Love and Light
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: January 6, 2013 9:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no how did it get you? How long we're you quit? It's a choice. Get rid of them asap! There are 4 guests here today. They need to come on in and all help each other. Great site here....I'm 5+ years cause of Kevin and the gang here Very Happy

My avatars name is moon ray
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: January 6, 2013 9:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chrissy
Picking your quit date has to be your and yours alone, you know that routine. FFS is still up and running. The boards are different from the days of old, but the lessons are still available. Many of us do owe our quits to those lessons. Be strong, Be tuff.
Jim

Never give up on yourself. We are so worth the effort. Smoking creates nothing but misery for us and those around us. Smoking is socially unacceptable everywhere we go.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 7, 2013 11:05 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the folks here on woofmang are your quit buddies. You may not know all of us but we've all been where you are and want to do all we can to help you beat Laughing Demon . As Jim wrote, the American Lung Association's Freedom From Smoking program is great used along with the postings and friendships here on woofmang. You CAN do this!!

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
bamatam

Quit Date:
June 6, 2005

PostPosted: January 7, 2013 11:50 AM    Post subject: Oldie to the site but on a new quit Reply with quote

I've been quitting on and off for several years and have been on woofmang checking in and reading the tales for support. I have been quit for 7 days!!! I am doing well with this quit and I hope this is my final quit. I have went cold turkey for the most part, using nic gum every now and again. My insurance at work will go up if I don't quit, so it was just the right incentive I needed to finally be through with the cigs. Good luck with your quit and I wil be checking the boards daily.

Bamatam
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 7, 2013 8:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see you here on woofmang. Your health is a major incentive to quit and, thanks to your employer, your finances are another incentive. Not only will you save the $$$ by not buying cigs, your health insurance will be less than if you continued to smoke.

I quit cold turkey. For me it was the only way to go. However, we're all different and must do whatever it takes to enjoy our freedom. Keep that quit alive. You'll never regret it. Smile

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: January 10, 2013 10:16 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bamatam that is great! Keep it up. Reading to get educated is the best way. This board helped me more than anything!

My avatars name is moon ray
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: