quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
merson

Quit Date:
June 2, 2012

PostPosted: January 28, 2013 9:29 AM    Post subject: Newbie Reply with quote

Hello, my name is Merson and I'm a nicotine addict. Today is day 241 of my quit. Looking for advice.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 28, 2013 10:22 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning, Merson, and congrats on 24 days of freedom. I'm not very good at giving advice but can tell you some of the things I did to help my quit grow stronger.

Most importantly, I read everything I could find on smoking cessation: the material at the American Lung Association's site as well as everything here at Woofmang. I told everyone who would listen that I had quit smoking. I kept a journal and when the craving hit, I picked up a pen instead of a cigarette and wrote how I was feeling, why I wanted to quit, etc. By the time I had finished writing my thoughts, the craving had left me.

I hope to see you here at Woofmang often. Hang on to that precious quit. Believe me, you'll never regret it. Smile

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
merson

Quit Date:
June 2, 2012

PostPosted: January 28, 2013 10:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for replying Kannprint, much appreciated.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 29, 2013 10:17 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep posting and I'll keep answering. I check Woofmang daily so I won't miss any of your posts. Hang in there and stay strong.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: January 29, 2013 11:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Merson - glad you found woofmang! Support makes a big difference in quitting - you are off to a great start! I've been smoke-free for over 8 years - 3151 days - and I know that I'm still a nicotine addict - but I've chosen to be nicotine free each and everyday since I smoked my last cigarette. Keep choosing to be free - just one day at time! Start focusing on what you get being smoke-free - not what you are "giving up". You can do it! Keep choosing life!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: January 30, 2013 7:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Merson~Congratulations on your quit! Some good advice for you here already. Have you thought about treating yourself every so often? Doesn't have to be much, but just a reminder that you are doing great and deserve to be rewarded. Read all you can here and keep checking back. Smile

Essie
4/14/04
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: February 7, 2013 9:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Merson!! This is a great place to be. Read Kevin's tales, keep busy, and don't look back. It gets easier ,it really does! I smoked for 28 years. Never thought I'd quit... I did!! It's been 5 years since I have smoked with the help of the wonderful people here... Stick around, you will like it Smile

My avatars name is moon ray
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: