quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hello hlancaster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ben

Quit Date:
August 8, 2004

PostPosted: November 12, 2014 11:07 AM    Post subject: Hello hlancaster Reply with quote

Thanks for responding. I'm down to 3 a day. I plan on playing golf today and just smoke 1. I usually do 2, so that's an improvement. Monday's not too far away.
Ben
hlancaster

Quit Date:
October 5, 2014

PostPosted: November 12, 2014 5:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy your last few smokes Ben Smile

Never played a round of golf in my life. Maybe I should try it eh ?
ben

Quit Date:
August 8, 2004

PostPosted: November 13, 2014 6:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golf is a great sport as long as you can tolerate constant failure to do what you're tring. I have developed the habit of 2 cigars per round of golf and yesterday I limited myself to 1, so that's some progress. Only 4 days left to quit time. I went to the gym this AM and plan on doing that regularly as part of the quit. Gasping on an elliptical machine will get you to be sorry about smoking. I tried not to cough too much so the people beside me wouldn't guess I was a smoker.
Ben
hlancaster

Quit Date:
October 5, 2014

PostPosted: November 13, 2014 10:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Constant failure? I know all about that as my wife constantly reminds me Smile

Way to go at the gym. I joined the local gym here recently. Quite the eye opener how out of shape I am. I mentioned to my wife that going early in the day the place is full of old people and she just looked at me with that "Looked at yourself recently?" look. I'm sure you know the one.

Still, I agree, choking on the cardio machines will rearrange your thinking quickly. If you REALLY want to up the pain - try some squats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: