quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FATHERS DAY IMAGE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LANEY

Quit Date:
January 12, 2011

PostPosted: June 20, 2004 3:48 AM    Post subject: FATHERS DAY IMAGE Reply with quote

Everybody tells me to write, instead of smoking, Right now I'm so mad and no way to blow off steam, (Its almost 4:00 A.M.) and i just came real close to lighting up. I just went out in the livingroom to turn off the tv. I had to climb over my son and 2 little grandsons. We had bad storms last week and he still hasnt gotten his lights back on yet. his x (and the boys mom) Is too busy with her boyfriend, she wouldnt let the kids stay at her house even though they should have them this weekend. She never even bothered to check on them, she doesnt even know or care where they are.When I saw all 3 of them, young dad and his 2 little boys all cuddled up on sleeping bags. kids arms wrapped around him, like they're hanging on for dear life. Normally it would be a great pic but I am so furious at her . They are only 3 and 7, they dont understand. I could just scream, or worse yet, let her get to me, she is a big trigger to me. My sons pack of cigs are with his keys. (and he smokes the good ones) very tempting. I took one, but put it back. It doesnt help that i just took a step down on the patches either. Im just glad times are changed and they realized dads can raise kids theirselves. I just needed to vent instead of smoking. Laney
jkolako796

Quit Date:
May 16, 2004

PostPosted: June 20, 2004 12:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laney-

I don't know if there are any words that can comfort you, but be assured that those children will have a much closer relationship with their father because of trials like this. As a father, in times that are difficult, there is no place that I would want my children other than right by me, holding on for dear life. That way I know they are safe. A fathers job is to provide for and protect his children when they are that young. As they get older, that role will switch to teaching the children to be self sufficient, boys to be tough, girls to have self respsect so that they are not taken advantage of.

But for now, your grandchildren are safe with their father- and as a father, that is the best place for them.

Joshua

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.
Snowlover

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 20, 2004 7:39 PM    Post subject: Great Reply with quote

You did so great.
Hopefully your son will get remarried so the kids have another mother figure in their lives. You know you can't change their mom - have to let it go as best you can.

Next time she bugs you it should be less of a trigger if what I've read is true about this addiction thing.

K
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 20, 2004 8:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

you did the right thing, Laney; keep doing that, and you're home free! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Wanda

Quit Date:
March 15, 2004

PostPosted: June 20, 2004 10:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laney,

My son just walked into the room and said mom you know I don't believe in Santa Clause any more, but what if I had pointy ears.

Its her loss, keep remembering that.

Wanda
Quit Date 03/15/04
merry

Quit Date:
August 15, 2003

PostPosted: June 20, 2004 10:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laney,
Celebrate big for that decision you made not to smoke your son's cig!! You did sooooooooooo good! Smoking changes nothing and it will not make your grandson's mother change her ways. Just keep telling yourself that everytime you are faced with the choice of whether to light up or not......will smoking change the situation....NEVER!!! All it will do is make you more upset because you won't like yourself for doing it.

We've all been where you are at with the struggles and the major cravings. My husband still smokes so I know only too well what it's like to have cigs within reach. Everyday I still make the decision not to smoke. I'm not saying it's always easy...it's not, but as the months pass by I promise you it will get easier to choose life and kick that nicodemon to the curb!
You can do this and we're all here for you. Keep venting, we'll respond Smile
Keep choosing a smoke free life!

Mary
Q/D: August 15, 2003
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: June 21, 2004 9:02 AM    Post subject: Good for you Reply with quote

Dear Laney,

You did a fantastic thing for yourself by choosing not to smoke. Those wonderful grandchildren want you to be around to watch them grow up and you're doing the best thing possible to assure that.

Hang in, Laney. I know how you feel about your x-daughter-in-law; we have a son-in-law who has basically ignored our granddaughters for years. They're now in their teens and doing beautifully with their Mom and Step-Dad.

Keep that quit going.

Living free for 2M, 1W, 3D, 11H, 30M

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: June 21, 2004 9:03 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laney, You did real good by putting that cigarette back. That shows strong commitment to stay quit. As far as the son's ex I'd say forget her if she didn't care enough to check on her kids the are better off with your son. Somethings in life we will never understand. Focus on your love for them. You give them extra love that they aren't getting from mom.

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: June 21, 2004 10:19 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laney

Congragulations on putting that cig back and not smoking it and for coming here to vent instead of smoking. That mom sounds alot like my x and his Not caring attitude. My son is now 21 and I left my x when he was 10 years old my daughter was 4 when I left so she only has a vague memory and that is ok too but what I am going to be getting at is even though i have not been with him for 11 years he has never sent my kida birtday, chriistmas easter or any kind of gift card phone call nothing. So don't let her get to you and you need to remember

Grandma's are mom's too so give those little guys all that you would of given your own children be mom and grandma to them. AT least until dad gets another partner.

Two months, one week, two days, 23 hours, 19 minutes and 13 seconds. 2838 cigarettes not smoked, saving $489.70. Life saved: 1 week, 2 days, 20 hours, 30 minutes.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: