quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

To Leona

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rach

Quit Date:
February 7, 2004

PostPosted: April 11, 2004 2:47 PM    Post subject: To Leona Reply with quote

Hi Leona:

I hope you're having a nice Easter Sunday and that your first day of freedom is going as well as it can. Please post if you need too, these first few days can be tough sometimes. Remember to drink your water!! I'll check back tonight

Take care,
Rach
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: April 11, 2004 5:40 PM    Post subject: To Rach Reply with quote

Things are actually going better than I thought it would quit at 11:00 today and so far the cravings have been maageable. Don't know if it is the frame of mind or the welbutrion. I went to church this morning and that was fun and I really love everyone there. They are all older or very young children. I feel comfortable. They served a easter breakfast and I had some. Good stuff maynord. Then we had service and I chewwed my gum all the way through and drank myt flavored water from walmart. I can't stand our well water. Not unless it is super super cold. So I filled bottles up with our tap water and stuck it in the fridge. As for fruit juices I just don't know if the cravings get real bad suspect I will go grab a small glass of cran juice but probably won't leave the bathroom for days. It has that effect on me as all fruit jucies do.So probably will stick mostly to tea, cofffee and of course WATER LOL.

Hope your easter is going good. Ours is going to be quiet now job is finished for another week. And we are both tired. tired.

Thanks Rach I really apperciate you checking up on me.

pikachu1lt(Leona)
Rach

Quit Date:
February 7, 2004

PostPosted: April 11, 2004 9:37 PM    Post subject: Yay Leona!! Reply with quote

Hooray for you Leona on taking the plunge! I'm glad that your day has gone well (all things considered). Quitting isn't fun, but it IS doable! You'll be so surprised too at how quickly your body will start to respond. I understand about the cranberry juice...not my fav either...but do drink plenty of water, it will help flush the icckkk out of you Mad ! Get some good rest too, that always helps.

I would like to share with you that today I sang with my church choir Handel's "Messiah". This is not an easy piece. I was a singer in high school and college, but nothing really after that. Anyway, I NEVER could have learned that piece and sang it the way I did when I was smoking. It takes a ton of breath control and voice range. I was shocked at the amount of control I had over my voice during rehearsals now that I don't smoke. It's just another great thing (besides my health) that quitting has brought me.

I look forward to hearing all about YOUR benefits from quitting Smile .

Rach
Three Years and counting
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: April 12, 2004 9:10 AM    Post subject: Rach Reply with quote

Rach,

I have always enjoyed singing in fact my gran use to show me off to everyone. But since I started smoking I lost voice went from saprano to flat. and scratch. Would like to return to saprano. Anyway I made it through the night and more imprtantly it is 9 am here and I still have not smoked anything and I knew that this would be the hardest part of my day. Morning is always a time for me to crawl out of sleep and believe me it is NOT easy for me to wake up under good circumstances but these circumstances are like impossible ones. Oh well will do it though. I do want this more than anything in the world if not for myself even though that is number one on my list but to show my mother she is full of @#@$% and she can do it if she wants to and to get off of her high horse and come down to earth with real paople course I can't say that but I can show it to her. My mother is one of these peop;e that if it doesn't happen directly to her she won't believe it no matter what the statistics say.

Oh well her loose I guess. Wish I could convince her though but all trying to convince her that smioking is bad for her does is makes her not talk to me. That is another reason I a m so very thankful for my family on FFS. And now even that is being hard very hard to take. It even makes me sign in to read mods and to go to each section of that same mod have resign in for everything driving me nutsy

Anyway Hope your easter was great mine was just quiet. very quiet. Kids took off to other parts of the region and it was just us adults and we didn't do anything special. Although I guess you could say I did though I quit I quit I quit smoking.

pikachu1lt(Leona)
22 hours, 10 minutes and 9 seconds. 36 cigarettes not smoked, saving $6.37. Life saved: 3 hours, 0 minutes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: