quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Horrible!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 12, 2004 1:34 PM    Post subject: Horrible! Reply with quote

That's how I feel. I need to get some feedback from some of you who are right about the same time quit as me...I'm at 8 weeks tomorrow. Today is one of the worst days since the first week. I'll try to describe how I feel physically. My face/neck feels flushes all the time, even though it's not really. I'm all tensed up, and can't seem to relax my muscles, even with deep breathing. Cravings are very strong today. I'm sleepy (that may not be related). I have a swirling, pulling feeling all the time in my ab region.

Basically, I feel like poop! Is anyone else still feeling so physically rotten at this point? Or is it just me.

As you know, I was taking Wellbutin, just one 100 mg/day for about 2 weeks, but I stopped taking them on Friday, as I was not feeling comfortable driving while on them.

I just feel like everyone else is doing so well, and I'm not. If no one else is having this stuff going on still, then maybe i need to follow up with my doc again.
Embarassed

I'd appreciate any feedback on how you're doing physically!

Many thanks!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: April 12, 2004 1:42 PM    Post subject: Bad day Reply with quote

You, Pamela darlin, are having a bad day. Yes the fact that you stopped taking Welbutrin may be the reason but you would have to stop at some point and eight weeks is pretty far in. This is temporary and it will pass. Treat it like a cold and don't let it push you into something you don't really want to do. If it continues too long or you get concerned call your doctor otherwise just take special care of yourself for a little while. You are going to hit 2 months soon, do you have a reward picked out yet?

I wish you peace.

alison
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 12, 2004 1:47 PM    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks Alison...i can always count on you for a comforting reply. I'm such a wimp. My biggest concern is that somehow i'm not "normal". If this is just a bad day, and part of the deal, I can live with it. Don't have a reward picked out yet, but I have company from France, so we'll find something fun to do!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 12, 2004 1:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pamela-

It could be that you've stopped taking the Wellbutrin. I know for a few days after I stopped I had a little rough patch. Also, however, the two month mark was really difficult for me. I had a week+ of constant daily cravings (if it weren't for one of my quit buddies.. Kim... I'm not sure I would have made it through.) It was really relentless. I don't know how to describe it.. in some ways it felt worse than the first month.. but it was different.. I think relentless might be the right word.

For what it's worth I found a DIRECT coorelation between my cravings and my being on smoking cessation message boards. I stopped reading and posting for about a month.. within a few days the relentless cravings subsided and I had a DRAMATIC positive change in everything.

I stayed off and then recently have been getting sucked back in.. heh... especially here.. I love Kevin's message board here! But in all honesty I have been craving more since returning to active posting etc...

Now whether or not there is a coorelation between craving and being on the message board for YOU is something to explore... I'm probably just wierd.
law_girl_1969

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 12, 2004 4:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pamela, you've gotten some great advice. I can't talk about Wellbutrin because I couldn't stay on it due to side effects, so I don't know the "normal" as to coming off of it.

I do know though, that unless you are on some sort of NRT, you aren't craving anything at 8 weeks. The nicotine has been out of you for too long. So, be careful blaming things on the quit that may be completely unlrelated! If there are some triggers happening for you right now, what with visiting company and all, THAT could be part of it. Sometimes the psychological is worse than the physical recovery. Take some time to sort out any obvious reasons for the way you're feeling.

If you don't start feeling better, I would call the doc in a couple days. Take good care of you!!

Lynn

"There are those who think they can and those who think they can't and they are both right." Henry Ford
Rach

Quit Date:
February 7, 2004

PostPosted: April 12, 2004 4:36 PM    Post subject: Pam Reply with quote

Hi Pam:

Sorry to hear you're experiencing rough times. I am right around 2 months and I'm not having those kinds of symptoms though I did notice that I was having some strongish cravings the other day and I did dream again about it the other night.

I'm not sure what it's all about, but I do feel better now. Keeping my mind occupied with things other than smoking helps (which is hard sometimes). The boards help keep me in check for sure...if I didn't have them to retreat to, I don't know where I'd be.

Anyway, I hope this resolves soon for you. You're always such a positive light on the boards, I worry when you don't sound good Crying or Very sad

Take care and keep us posted...

Rach
Three Years and counting
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: April 12, 2004 6:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pam, Bless your heart. I feel so bad for you. I think we are a day apart for our 2 months. I did not use any wellbuterin and I have been feeling a lot better for the most part. I have had a few really strong craves but sicked the shark on them. Laughing I have not been sleeping to well I am not sure how much is to do with quitting and how much is to do with life? What ever you do don't you dare mess up this quit. 2 months is a long time and you sure don't want to start over. I agree if you don't feel better in a day or two call the doc. Hey and for good measure I am sending in the shark to eat up anything that is bothering you.

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: