quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

i hate to say it>>>>>>>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: April 12, 2004 9:56 PM    Post subject: i hate to say it>>>>>>> Reply with quote

But I just went back to ffs and the boards are still making me sign in for everything. Including the mods. I will have to do the assignments on here as It would drive me ablsoulutely nutzy to try to post to that.

I will be so glad to see some thing change as far as sign in all the time on that. I sloved going to there and talking to all the non smokers and soon to be non smokers.

One of the things I have noticed in the time I have not smoked is that I wake up several times a night and am also getting a stuffy nose. End up breathing with my mouth open and it dries out yuck.

Also the things I have come up for not smoking are

1. Email my quitting buddies

2. Chew on a cinammon stick I they taste nasty. and are kinda woody but they work

3. Crochet on the tablecloth I am making my siter

4. work on the blanket I am making for my daughter

5. Read a boodk

Anyway hnere is my assignment fro mod 4 and I hope you all can add to it cuz I get bored easily.

pikachu1lt(Leona)

One day, 10 hours, 55 minutes and 29 seconds. 58 cigarettes not smoked, saving $10.04. Life saved: 4 hours, 50 minutes.

cherkohn

Quit Date:
March 15, 2004

PostPosted: April 12, 2004 11:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Leona,

Congratulations on your quit!! When I was in my first few days, I spent a lot of time talking to "Nicodemon". Whenever I had a craving I would enter into a conversation. He would say, "Go ahead, just have one". And I would say "absolutely not, you are not going to get me this time". Of course, I would only have these conversations in the car or other places that I was alone.

But, it was really powerful. I visualized him shrinking. And within a few days his voice was really faint. Then I would laugh at him. I know it sounds pretty flakey, but it worked for me.

Also, it was a week before I could take it one day at a time. Until then, I was committing to not smoking just for the next hour, or half hour.

Just some suggestions for you for early in your quit.

Keep up the good work.

Cheryl
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 12, 2004 11:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are great things to do when you have a craving. Making that list of five things to do was a really important part of my making it through those early days. Some other things to consider:

Take a deep breath and stretch (repeat five times)'
Sing - very loud.. start to finish - an entire song (you'll be amazed how cravings disappear when you're using your lungs and belting out a melody to drowned out the sound of the addiction talking at you!!)
For the worst cravings - do the hokey pokey.. yup... put your whole self in and shake it all about with vigor and enthusiasm.. and sing.. and you can make up your own words to the song!
Take a shower (feel free to combined activities.. sing in the shower!)
Take a long hike

There are some ideas.. what others have you thought of?

-Zuzu
Rach

Quit Date:
February 7, 2004

PostPosted: April 13, 2004 8:49 AM    Post subject: Cravings Reply with quote

Hi Leona:

I'm glad to hear that you're still working the modules. I think they are an invaluable resource. What worked for me during strong cravings (if I'm near my computer) is to go to whyquit and read the personal stories. If anything will make you want to stay quit, those will. I would also post on the boards. Feeling like I had folks supporting me and having them to answer to made me feel obligated to work harder through the cravings. I also found that changing my daily routine around a bit helped me not crave so much since I didn't feel like something was missing from my day. Hang in there, you're doing awesome!

Rach
Three Years and counting
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: April 13, 2004 9:06 AM    Post subject: everyone Reply with quote

Thanks cheryl, zuzu, and rach,

some of the othe things I have thought about is sucking on a pepermint lifesavers. Chewing gum(wish I could quit biting my tongue though)
playing wth the cats, watching tb, playing nintendo, or playstation2 whicheverone has the more aggressive game in it at the time.Paint my room or what ever room i end up in. I have already retiled my bedroom floor. Course for that I had to have help. Surf the web etcet

Leona
One day, 22 hours, 5 minutes and 2 seconds. 76 cigarettes not smoked, saving $13.25. Life saved: 6 hours, 20 minutes.
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: April 13, 2004 10:16 AM    Post subject: Subs Reply with quote

Cinnimon sticks are supposed to be cool too. They are about the size of a cigarette you can suck on them and they, of course, taste like cinnimon.

Water, water, water. It helps detox and it just gets you through the craving. Keep in mind you may not be able to go very far from a bathroom (long car trips are out).

Ron swears by Cranberry juice (necter of the gods he calls it).

I liked breathing. It doesn't sound like a good sub but it is if you concentrate on the air going into and out of your lungs. I closed my eyes and breathed in through the nose and out through the mouth. Refreshing.

I wish you peace.

alison
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 13, 2004 8:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're doing an AWESOME job!!! Keep it up! You are SOOOo doing this!

-Zuzu
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: April 13, 2004 9:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Ron....cranberry juice stocks have probably doubled since I quit smoking. I really don't know what it is but it diminishes the craving.
Plus they tell me it is good for detoxifing our bodies.
I know people say don't fixate on the craving, but sometime I really try to feel what is happening to me. And when you really experience the craving. there is nothing there that can hurt you. It is uncomfortable, but something you do NOT have to smoke to. It is just a feeling.
You are doing a very good job. Keep up the good work.

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: April 13, 2004 9:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all ,

You are a swell bunch of people and I know that I am lucky to count you among my friends. Online and off.

As for cranberry juice well I have some here but am afraid to go near it. It gives me the runs as do all juices. The more I drink the worse it gets. But if it gets to bad I will try it but will have to be close to a restroom.

Thanks a million guys and god bless you all.

pikachu1lt(Leona)

Two days, 10 hours, 40 minutes and 23 seconds. 97 cigarettes not smoked, saving $16.87. Life saved: 8 hours, 5 minutes.

Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: April 14, 2004 12:59 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona, I ate a lot of Sweet Tarts. I too am a huge fan of cranberry juice. It really does work but I hear what you are saying about the effect it has on you. I think I'd also use it as a last resort. lol Laughing You are doing this just remember 'the crave will pass whether I light up or not.'

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: