quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Views on book?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greatly

Quit Date:
September 18, 2004

PostPosted: April 12, 2004 11:51 PM    Post subject: Views on book? Reply with quote

G'day again from Down Under!

Has anyone read the well-known book by Allen Carr called "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking"? It has had some rave reviews, I know, and I am also aware that the author makes some rather astronomical claims about the power and success rate of his method. Do any friends on this site have any views on the book? Thank you and best wishes to all.

In solidarity

- Ron in Australia
jlf/Jeri

Quit Date:
November 12, 2003

PostPosted: April 13, 2004 1:29 AM    Post subject: Hi Ron Reply with quote

Ron,

I haven't read the book nor do I know anything about it but your post has made me curious about this book. I haven't heard about it so I know nothing about the claims that the author makes.

Would love to know if anyone's read it ? Any opinions?

Jeri
Five months, 30 minutes and 46 seconds. 4530 cigarettes not smoked, saving $955.19. Life saved: 2 weeks, 1 day, 17 hours, 30 minutes.
Pip_Hodge

Quit Date:
March 13, 2004

PostPosted: April 14, 2004 9:01 AM    Post subject: I've read the book and it worked for me! Reply with quote

There are two books - the big version (first version) and he's also done a small version which you can read in one night - great for people like me who have no time to read Very Happy ! It's called "The Little Book of Quitting' and I read this one after 23 years of smoking and it totally changed my attitude towards smoking - just to give you an insight, he says that smokers get relief from smoking because it's like wearing tight shoes, and having a cigarette is the same sort of relief as taking off the tight shoes. In other words, when we've had a ciggy, we feel like a non smoker again (ie, we aren't wearing tight shoes anymore) but then the craving returns so we have another ciggy, then another and another and another ad infinitum til death do you part.. the worst withdrawal symptom is simply the feeling of "I want a cigarette!" but then the craving does pass and the cravings over time get shorter and the gaps between cravings get longer... The book is all about preparing to starve the nicotine monster - you know and I know and he knows there is no nicotine monster but when you're giving up, it really helps to view it like that... you are feeding the nicotine monster in the same way you feed a tape worm. Allen Carr smoked 100 a day and smoked for 33 years... he said that he was going to cure himself of smoking, then he was going to cure the rest of the world!! How touching!

I'm rambling here but basically, get the book, it saved my life, and my sister's, and my best friend's and many many other people around the globe...

Good luck! Very Happy

YIPPEE! I don't smoke!
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: April 14, 2004 9:53 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like "nicodemons lies", all the info at FFS, in fact you can probably find that information in the Tales. Isn't it funny how it is all the same truth but different people respond to different packaging while others just ignore it all?

I wish you peace.

alison
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: