quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

you asked for it...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 13, 2004 6:49 PM    Post subject: you asked for it... Reply with quote

ok - here's the new health/weight/diet/exercise/etc... forum.

i'm not married to the name, but i haven't fallen in love with any of the other suggestions so far, either (especially "Let's Get Physical"; sorry to all those who seemed to like this one the best, but every time i think of it, i get this visual of olivia newton-stick-figure in a terry-cloth headband and a pastel bodysuit jumping around on MTV, and the image is even scarier now than it was 20 years ago)...

please continue to suggest names for this forum as we go along; i can always change it later.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Paula

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 13, 2004 7:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin,

Thank you for working so diligently at attempting to please all of the people all of the time... You are the most gracious host I have ever known.

I like the new forums you have created (despite the fact that anything related to weight/diet/exercise is like a four-letter-word to me)...

I appreciate your time and this wonderful wonderful place of support.

Keep up the great job!
~Paula
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 13, 2004 7:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kevin!! You are truly wonderful........I hope this helps many of us.
Marvel

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 13, 2004 9:13 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay here are some more ideas (I'd forgotten about Olivia Newton-John, so yes, Let's NOT get physical) Very Happy : Um, Freedom from Fat, Here's to Health, A Healthy Start, Fun without Fat (I can't help it--there should be Fun in the title), Chocolate Etc., Health Tips, Fun Health Tips, Sharing Health (woo, that sounds a little weird), Physical Phorum (boo), Body Topics, Physical Affairs, Body Business. Okay, I'll stop now. Smile

Marvel
QD 10/21/2003

Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: July 13, 2004 11:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I KEPT THINKING OF OLIVIA IN THAT HEADBAND TOO!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing I guess I'm stumped on a name for this. Weight, diet and exercise is a biggie for me but not for everyone else. Also, I've been researching different supplements that can aid in undoing some damage, so it isn't just about weight. Overall health means different things for different people. Gee aren't you glad I posted? How much more decisive could I be? Rolling Eyes Guess it's the blonde hair. (no headband though, I think that was '82) Kerry
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: July 14, 2004 9:16 AM    Post subject: New name idea Reply with quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:

Onward the journey to wellness...

Something like that maybe? Covers alot of heath issues.

Just a thought on this late night when I should be onward to my bedward...
I have now been up from yesterday at 3pm...

Insomina can hit during many times during our quit. Quote:
This too will pass.
I keep telling myself that.

I must have been half asleep last night. I posted this reply on another forum not seeing this one.

Brain fart??

Anyway that's my idea for a new name and I'm sticking to it. Very Happy

Sandyz
Eight months, two weeks, six days, 16 hours, 15 minutes and 49 seconds. 11910 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,625.78. Life saved: 5 weeks, 6 days, 8 hours, 30 minutes.

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: July 14, 2004 8:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELLNESS!!!!! I love it. It just dawned on me that lately I've been reading a lot of books and articles on wellness. Most western docs just deal with treatment 'cause if they cured us of course, many drug companies and such would go out of business. This country doesn't focus enough on wellness which encompasses many things. That's my vote. Kerry
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: July 14, 2004 8:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kevin,

You are one wonderful person. Two new forums in a week. Very Happy What more could we ask. I'm certain that this one is going to be very popular not only for weight reduction, exercising, etc. But for other health issues as well. It's such a relief to be able to talk about concerns to people other than family and friends who are too involved to be objective.

Many, many thanks.

Living free for 3W, 3D, 23H, 10M and loving it.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: August 2, 2004 5:10 AM    Post subject: New name needed Reply with quote

Ok Kevin you asked us about this name. You stated..
Quote:
.i'm not married to the name, but i haven't fallen in love with any of the other suggestions so far, either (especially "Let's Get Physical"; sorry to all those who seemed to like this one the best, but every time i think of it, i get this visual of olivia newton-stick-figure in a terry-cloth headband and a pastel bodysuit jumping around on MTV, and the image is even scarier now than it was 20 years ago)...

I agree.

Have you had a chance to look over some of the other name suggestions?? Feel like getting married to any of them?

Any one out there with any new ideas?
Quote:
health/weight/diet/exercise/etc...
jThis name just lack the imagination put into the other posts.

Don't want to hurt it's feelings do we by giving it a hum drum name do we?

Thinking caps???

Sandyz
9 months breathing free and looking forward to losen some weight.

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Marvel

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 2, 2004 9:16 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Body Work

Marvel
QD 10/21/2003

Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: August 2, 2004 7:18 PM    Post subject: I kew you could come up with a great name... Reply with quote

Quote:
continuing the journey to wellness
Great name Kevin...I love it.

Here is a big hug for doing all you do for everyone. This family here is growing everyday and I have yet to see a rant from you. Smile

Thank you Kevin...
Sandyz
9 months breathing free

~Anonymous
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: