quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I'm Baaaaaaaaaad!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marvel

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 14, 2004 9:17 PM    Post subject: I'm Baaaaaaaaaad!! Reply with quote

No, it's not what you think! Very Happy Cool I'm bad because I chainsawed today. Whoopee you say? Well, I'm 43, female, 5'2", smoked for 23 years and had to take a smoke break after every little bit of work as a "reward"--I worked all day today macheteing, moving branches, and helping my husband cleaning up downed trees from a mega-storm we had last night. And before quitting for the evening I decided to try my hand at chainsawing with an electric saw. And I must say I'm very proud of myself because

1)I had NO urges to smoke--the reward was getting the work done.
2) I wasn't antsy and wanting to take breaks for a nicotine fix.
3) My health is improving every day--before I quit I wouldn't have had the strength to chainsaw (let alone the desire), and with no special workouts my body has strengthened overall. And my stamina is much greater now.
4) I can chainsaw a lot! I feel proud and Wink

It's certainly not anything I'm going to do every day--it's hard work! But I just wanted to share with you all that the body heals itself, and if you've quit it's been healing bit by bit every day, even though you may think you're just getting fat Laughing . So one day you'll be doing something and suddenly say, HEY this is EASIER.

Is that way cool or what? Cool

Marvel
QD 10/21/2003

Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: July 15, 2004 2:28 AM    Post subject: We can do this... Reply with quote

I love a great story... this is way cool!

I had been thinking about trying my hand at the chainsaw. Hubby shouldn't have all the fun cutting the trees up for fire wood. Plus wood for our home.

I have been learning to lay stone on the side of our house. My husband takes his smoke breaks and I feel like the good year bunny. I just keep on going. I do like this freedom of breath.

If the mood swings would level off I'd be ok with myself. Very Happy

Marvel, my bat insists on coming to your posts. Sigh...

Sandyz
Eight months, three weeks, 9 hours, 24 minutes and 55 seconds. 11942 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,630.17. Life saved: 5 weeks, 6 days, 11 hours, 10 minutes.

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: July 15, 2004 7:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvel, way to go "Lumberjack Woman!" I really am impressed. Chainsaws give me the willies.

Sorry to hear about the storm damage. We got hit pretty hard in June. Clean up is a pain, but I'm glad to see you made it through.

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Carla

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 15, 2004 8:41 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvel, I bow before you. You are my idol.

Carla
Quit Date: January 4, 2004
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: July 15, 2004 10:08 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marvel,

Good for you. Isn't it fantastic to feel really good? I "felt" the enthusiasm in your post.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Ben's Mom

Quit Date:
July 6, 2004

PostPosted: July 15, 2004 2:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Marvel!

Your story is so encouraging for people on the fence about quitting and those of us that have quit.

I have found the same thing that now I am not avoiding hard long work. It has only been 9 days for me but my lungs feel like they actually work again. No more dizziness and weakness from smoking.

It is wonderful that you are discovering your strength again! My first day back at tennis lasted 1/2 hr, 9 days later we are doing singles matches for two hours! Yes......It is great to be alive and kickin!

I hope your dreams take you... to the corners of your smiles, to the highest of your hopes, to the windows of your opportunities, and to the most special places your heart has ever known.
unknown author
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: