quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rebel Without a Cause

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > just for fun
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: July 18, 2004 12:37 PM    Post subject: Rebel Without a Cause Reply with quote

Today is my first day back at work after vacation (yuck!) I honestly think I missed a turn somewhere on the road of life, because I'm pretty sure God intended me to be independently wealthy. It can't be His fault I'm not, like I said, I must have missed the turn.

What I'm wondering is, do you ever get tired of following the rules? Now I'm not talking about the ones that will get you thrown in jail. I'm talking about the rules made by THEY. Like for instance, THEY say ladies can't wear white shoes after Labor Day. Who are THEY and what will happen if we do? Well I for one am in the frame of mind where I need to break a few rules.
True confession time, this is what I have done so far.

Today I have: Stood in front of the refrigerator with the door standing open (for over 5 minutes.) Ate cool whip out of the container with my finger. Did not wear a bra to work (I know, can you believe it?) Wore my tennis shoes without socks. Who knew one could feel so free??? I feel absolutely giddy!!!

Okay, now. Are y'all with me or not? Please list one thing rule you are going to break today. Just one is all I ask. (Smoking does not count - do not go there)

Happy day to you all!!

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Snowlover

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 18, 2004 12:55 PM    Post subject: Sunday Reply with quote

Hey Tonya,
You must be like me - I was cut out to be rich. But, I was sewed together wrong.

I'm working on coming up with a rule to break. I'll start with wearing sandals to church without nylons.

K
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: July 19, 2004 4:20 AM    Post subject: Have fun with life Reply with quote

Hey there rule breaker. I love the concept of this thread. I have never followed rules.. (well I don't break laws...most of the time) Silly ones maybe, that don't hurt anyone.

I figured rules were for those that paid attention to a marching band. Me, I dance to a different drummer.

I drive with no shoes on...Never gave a flip to what color shoes I wear at any time of year. Bra?? What for? I wear jeans to church out in the country...I can't believe God really cares what is on the out side of us. I open windows in the dead of winter.

I drink milk from the milk jug...put an empty box back in the cubord. Wash but don't towel my dishess. Kiss the cat on his little nose. Wear socks in the store instead of shoes...

I play jokes at work and break rules there. I figure I need to help boss man make his money. It does help bring a few laughts.

Tell me how many folks out there don't like or need a laugh.

I think it's a hoot you're feeling free, gidy and breaking the rules. Just remember...stay on this side of the law. I swear this helps a body feel young.

Oh yeah...I swim in water that is posted no swimming...I dive where it's posted no diving. I ate two grapes at walmart last week going through the store.

I also got on our intercom at work one night and told the people at a motel pool next door to get out of the water...they all did. That was great.

Have fun with life as long as no one gets hurt. Life is too short to be serious all the time.

I could write a book about this...but I'd like to see what rules others are breaking.

I gave up being rich but if it happens I'll still find a rule or two to break.
Posted...no speeding through Wal-mart!!

Sandyz

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Carla

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 19, 2004 11:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't actually break a rule, but I did something different. I ALWAYS get to work 15 to 30 minutes early. Don't know why--I just always do. Unfortunately, some of the people I work with have come to expect this (can you say: taking advantage?). So, today I got to work on time. Exactly on time. The reaction has been hysterical. People are concerned about me. They want to know if I feel well.

Carla
Quit Date: January 4, 2004
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: July 19, 2004 1:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tonya,

I absolutely loved your post and do agree that breaking some rules made by THEY are made to be broken.

The unwritten rule I'm going to break today is to tear the label off a new pillow I bought. Isn't that just too awful? Sure hope the feds don't come get me. Oh well, at least I'll be smoke-free in jail.

Thanks for giving me a good belly (and I'm getting a larger one) laugh Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Living free for 3M, 1W, 1D, 16H, 25M and loving it.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 19, 2004 3:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm knitting a sweater, but I'm not following the patttern exactly....does this count?

Mr. Bill never wears shoes unless its by law (restaurants, stores, construction sites). His nickname is "Barefoot Bill". He's been questioned about this a number of times when stopped by police, but apparently there is no law against not wearing shoes when you're driving!....so it makes them crazy!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: July 19, 2004 9:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as my family is concerned rules are made to be broken. And we have managed to break a few. Who says you have to drive 55 miles per hour. That is our speed limit here in Mich. I usually do 60 and the rest of my crazy family think the highway is the autobon. LOL

Three months, one week, one day, 10 hours, 6 minutes and 52 seconds. 3976 cigarettes not smoked, saving $686.00. Life saved: 1 week, 6 days, 19 hours, 20 minutes.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
jennifer32327

Quit Date:
November 23, 2004

PostPosted: July 20, 2004 3:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was GREAT. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I love all of your post. I am also trying to think of rules I break. I am not a person that likes to follow the rules. As far as not wearing white shoes after Labor Day. If it matches my outfit "guess what" I am wearing white shoes. I put an empty tea pitcher back in to the refrig. Habit I guess. I will drive 80 mph on the interstate when the speed limit is 70. I wear tennis shoes without socks!!

One rule that should not be broken that is broken by my fiancee is not putting the new toliet paper on the roll and throw away the old. I can't stand that. It's staring you in the face and you still don't do it!! (LMAO)
That's just me Laughing Laughing Laughing

Jennifer,

Keep your heart open to dreams for
as long as there is dream there is hope
and as long as there is hope
there is joy in living!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: July 26, 2004 6:26 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dub thee all "The Lawless Bunch!" Laughing Laughing Laughing

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > just for fun All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: