quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwick18

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 20, 2004 9:05 PM    Post subject: My week Reply with quote

This has been a true test of my abilities to stay quit this week. My Mother-in-law came for a visit this week. My husband and I were also on each others nerves all week too. There was one point where we all took the kids to McD's and she had nitpicked us so much that we got pissed at each other (for other reason's also). We had sat down to eat in the play place and I walked to the drink machine and came back and they were discussing our marital problems and I just told them I was going for a walk and I went out side and on one side of me there was a store that sold cigarettes and on the other there was a Burger King. I was almost to the store when I pictured myself buying the smokes and getting outside and going to light up and having no lighter. I laughed and walked to Burger King instead. I ate there then walked back with them. But I just want you all to know another thought that stopped me at least 15 or 20 times this week was you guys. I would have to reset my date. I would have to tuck my tail and explain this to you guys. And if I was a complete failure I would not be able to go to the get together Kevin has been talking about. I know it sounds korny but I really do love you guys! Any way- being as this is a rant I will continue....
The Mother-In-law---- She disagrees with anything I have to say and she can do everything(cook, clean, raise kids) better than me. She never comes out and says it but I can tell from the little burns she lets out in her conversation- she is very subtle about it. Believe me- I thought maybe just me overreacting- but I am sure it is there now. She is an artist so every thing she picks out is the best for the house. She knows how to grow a garden the best. and everything else under the sun. I know she is my husband's mother and likes to still be his mother but I even feel like I am not "taking care of him well" when she is around and it is not like that with me and him. We have 3 kids, I work now full time and he works full time, we share. But then she turns around and says how sorry she feels for me having such a load- but lets it be known she can do better than me.
AAHHhhhh!!!!
Thank you for listening.

Barb
After the rain comes the rainbow- I will get my rainbow back
Wanda

Quit Date:
March 15, 2004

PostPosted: July 20, 2004 9:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a mother-in-law, I'll say it again I am a mother-in-law. I'm doing my absolute best to not be the kind of witch you just described. So far my daughter-in-law and I are friends, or course she lives in germany(my son's in the army) and they don't have kids.

I guess you have to just grin and bare it and remember she's leaving! I'm sorry you have to go through this.

Wanda
Quit Date 03/15/04
bwick18

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 20, 2004 9:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you guys-
I'm sorry if i made her seem all bad- she's not- I was only describing the bad. But you are right- for the last 9 years when she came I would go out and light up at least 2 to 3 times an hour while she was here and that cigarette made it all go away.

Barb
After the rain comes the rainbow- I will get my rainbow back
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: