quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

An Inspirational Person

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandalful

Quit Date:
March 20, 2004

PostPosted: July 21, 2004 1:11 PM    Post subject: An Inspirational Person Reply with quote

I wanted to share something about a person I met last week. It doesn’t really relate to smoking, but I find this person very inspirational. I enrolled in a summer class at our local community college and on the first day of class the instructor was late. When the instructor finally arrived he sat on his desktop and began to tell us a little bit about himself. His name was Mr. B and he was 60 something years old. He had taught business law (and related courses) at the college for 35 years, and had been a business merchant before that. He informed us that he would usually be late 5 minutes or so because he had to wait for the halls to clear out before he could attempt to get to class. You see Mr. B is blind-- he lost his eyesight four years ago from diabetes complications but he continues to teach. He also informed us that there was an additional chance he might be late if he got stuck in traffic (no—he doesn’t drive!) You see every day he spends 4-5 hours in dialysis for failing kidneys before he comes to class (he teaches at least four nights a week). The classroom instruction is a little untraditional—it is oral instruction only and we do not have written assignments but we are all learning a lot. Mr. B is so positive, has a wonderful sense of humor, and has such a passion and dedication for what he does! Bravo to Mr. B!
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: July 21, 2004 1:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sandalful,

Thanks for sharing your story of this wonderful, dedicated man. What a credit he is to the teaching profession. I'm sure you'll learn a lot more than Business Law in his classroom.

Living free for 101 days and loving it.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 13, 2004 7:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this story......it truly defines dedication and strength.
Hope

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 16, 2004 9:55 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow...we should all stop complaining and get on with it shouldn't we!
A true inspiration for life.
Smile
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: August 16, 2004 10:47 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are very fortunate indeed. Its all how we look at life. I work in a high school and just this morning I was passing some severe special needs children. You learn so much from them. Some people, unfortunately, don't think so. BUt God has given each one of us a "purpose". We are all needed.

But God loves us, even when we do complain, because He knows our hearts and knows we really truly are greatful. We just need to be reminded from time to time.

Thank you my friends. I love you all!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
skiermom

Quit Date:
July 25, 2003

PostPosted: August 29, 2004 9:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - what an inspiration!

Today is a gift........enjoy it!

Eileen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: