quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

WOW!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoey

Quit Date:
November 14, 2006

PostPosted: April 14, 2004 10:49 AM    Post subject: WOW! Reply with quote

I didn't know that this world existed until someone at FFS asked about it recently! I am so happy to see so many of the folks that have inspired me along my little path and so many other, positive folks that I have yet to meet. Whoever Kevin is, wow, you sure are giving with your free time and expertise.

(Gee, I hope that I'm not crashing a private party. Then again, I have done that in the past and there's always someone to talk with. Eventually no one notices the difference.)

So... I've got two more weeks of my semester. Projects due left and right, still in a cast and ya know what? Well, I have not smoked! This is the FIRST ever semester that I have not smoked. It only crosses my mind as I pass through the crowds of smokers just outside the campus buildings. And what crosses my mind is not a craving, but relief that I've made it through the smoke.

Seeing all of you and skimming some of the most supportive words that I have read in a long while... well, it's just what I needed to make a big push to crank out another paper. All this, and a really easily-navigated site. What more could I ask for!

You all mean the world to me.

--Zoey (I'll put my fish up later. Always the procrastinator.)
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: April 14, 2004 11:03 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you made it Zoey. The end of the semester is such a nightmare and it is easy to get too tired and irritable to be strong so I am especially proud of you. I am looking forward to the return of the fish. Remember to stop in your crazy rush to the end of the term and take some time to take care of you.

I wish you peace.

alison
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: April 14, 2004 11:05 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy Zoey from one Michigander to another

Isn't this site great. I am a newly quit too and I can still somewhat post on ffs but find this one much easier to access. No constant log on for every little thing. It was driving me crazy.

Well I just wanted to say welcome and great on the quit keep it up.

pikachu1lt(Leona)

Three days, 5 minutes and 27 seconds. 120 cigarettes not smoked, saving $20.72. Life saved: 10 hours, 0 minutes.
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: April 14, 2004 11:10 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zoey, Glad you made it over here to the party. Isn't it an awesome site. Miss the fish. Sure would be nice to see it again. Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: April 14, 2004 12:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Zoey
Glad you are joining us. Yes this is a very supportive site. Some really great people here. I don't think that I remember the fish, but I really have not been around for a real long time...plus you know "old age senility is setting in.
Again...glad you are here

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
Zoey

Quit Date:
November 14, 2006

PostPosted: April 14, 2004 3:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully this works... Oh, this is so exciting, I am just all squiggly in my seat await the return of my fish....
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 14, 2004 3:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOOK at that lovely fish!!! Yay Zooey! So glad to see you here!

-Zuzu
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: April 14, 2004 4:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course I remember the fish. Now see why we need to have graphics. I remember the images that represent the people better that I do their names. Sorry Zoey

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
Rach

Quit Date:
February 7, 2004

PostPosted: April 14, 2004 5:19 PM    Post subject: Hi Zoey Reply with quote

Zoey:

Looking forward to talking with you more. I remember what the end of a semester was like...and chain smoking through them. Good for you for staying strong!

Rach
Three Years and counting
momma23

Quit Date:
March 17, 2003

PostPosted: April 15, 2004 12:11 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello darlin'....

Cool

You have control over three things-what you think, what you say and how you behave. To make a change in your life, you must recognize that these gifts are the most powerful tools you possess in shaping the form of your life. S. Friedman
jlf/Jeri

Quit Date:
November 12, 2003

PostPosted: April 15, 2004 12:39 AM    Post subject: Good to see you Zoey! Reply with quote

Zoey,

It's so good to see you! I love reading your posts and I'm glad to hear that not only have you risen to meet the challenge of a cast but also the challenge of another semester! Yea for Zoey!!!

It's good to have you back! Smile

Jeri
Five months, one day, 23 hours, 37 minutes and 17 seconds. 4619 cigarettes not smoked, saving $967.53. Life saved: 2 weeks, 2 days, 55 minutes.
july26judi

Quit Date:
July 26, 2003

PostPosted: April 15, 2004 1:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zoey,

Isn't this site great!!! If it weren't for all the changes at FFS, I would never have ventured "away from home."
Welcome and I'm happy to see your blow fish...he is so cute! You are doing so well with your quit...and ALL the others things you have on your plate...and I'm not talking food! Very Happy

So happy to be quit and REALLY want to stay that way!!!

judi
quit date 7/26/03
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: April 20, 2004 7:59 PM    Post subject: A smile Reply with quote

Hi Zoey...just seeing a post from your little blow fish made me smile. Very Happy

Thanks again fro helping brighten up my day.

Sandyz
QD 10/23/03

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 20, 2004 9:34 PM    Post subject: Hi Zoey Reply with quote

Hey Zoey....Wow is an understatement! I really miss you and your fish!

What a wonderful world we live in when we can talk about being non smokers and have our graphics! Laughing

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: