quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A Question for the Ladies
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carla

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 29, 2004 12:45 PM    Post subject: A Question for the Ladies Reply with quote

No, this doesn't have anything to do with smoking/not smoking. Have any of you gone through menopause yet? If so, do you mind if I email you with a question? I'd like to hear a practical answer, and not what my doctor (a man) has to say. Thank you.

Carla
Quit Date: January 4, 2004
Braveheart

Quit Date:
January 2, 2004

PostPosted: July 29, 2004 4:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Carla,

We have the same quit date, Laughing I quit the same month menopause started, so yes, feel free to E-Mail me. I have been researching all kinds of things on the net, especially since menopause has put a stop to sleeping and other such normal things!!

Connie

"No one can make you feel inferior without your permission" (Eleanor Roosevelt)
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: July 30, 2004 12:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice if all three of us could keep in touch with each other. I am 51 and entering into menapause. I have all kinds of books at home, plus one with lots of humor. I would be glad to share that with anyone.

I had a lady tell me that when she got a "hotflash" she just embraced it. She found out should could deal with it better. So that is what I have been doing. To tell you the truth, I much rather have a hot flash than a cold spell. WIth my thyroid, I use to get cold spells, they were awful. Could never get warm.

God Bless You both! Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: July 30, 2004 2:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we make it a quartet? I am 46. It was confirmed through tissue sample in January that I am menopausal.

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Carla

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 30, 2004 2:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Between the four of us, we can take over the world. Or destroy it--depends on what feel like that day.

Carla
Quit Date: January 4, 2004
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: July 30, 2004 3:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Tonya

~ Eleanor Roosevelt
UB

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 31, 2004 8:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have been in menopause for 6 1/2 years--so, ask away.

Alice
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: July 31, 2004 8:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 1/2 years. Oh my poor husband. Very Happy

Tonya

~ Eleanor Roosevelt
UB

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 31, 2004 8:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need to add this now while I am in the middle of a hot flash. I HATE MENOPAUSE!!!!!!! Mad

Alice
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: July 31, 2004 8:51 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

It hasn't been so bad for me so far, but add to that I have been on a diet since the end of December and now I have been Quit for 41 days. I hope he survives my transformation!

Tonya

~ Eleanor Roosevelt
UB

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 1, 2004 6:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a complete Hysterectomy at age 36--begged the dr to keep one ovary, but he couldn't. Was on HRT with estrogen only up until this March when a cancer dr. told my niece that no woman should use HRT. So, dropped the estrogen and the full menopause symptoms hit then. With that and quitting, I'm not exactly the most stable person around. Smiles one minute and snarls the next--poor hubby Laughing

Alice
merry

Quit Date:
August 15, 2003

PostPosted: August 1, 2004 8:00 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn doctors - I never know what to believe. I went into early menopause at age 37, no hysterectomy. I am now 52 and have been on hormone pills all this time! Of course now there's the hoopla about HRT and its effects. My premarin has been reduced to the lowest dose possible now, but I have started having hot flashes so not sure what my next step will be. I haven't talked to my doctor yet about the hot flashes. Her original thinking was that I was on such a low dose that it should not harm me and that all meds have side effects! But then she decided we could gradually reduce my dosage and see how that goes. Anyone else experience anything like what I'm going through?

Mary
Q/D: August 15, 2003
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 1, 2004 8:05 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried HRT. Because of the hoopla I have been trying to avoid it. I am using herbal supplements. A combinaton supplement that has black cohosh, chaste tree, dong quai and red clover, and an evening primrose oil supplement, as well as a natural progesterone cream. I have hot flashes, but they are very mild compared to some people.

Tonya

~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: August 2, 2004 3:53 AM    Post subject: Ladies chatting... Reply with quote

I'll be 52 the end of October and so far if I have been going through menopause I am not aware of it. I might have started through it the day I quit smoking. Been on a pendulum ride of emotion from day one.

I heard and have read allot about menopause over the last few months and already decided if God brings me to it he'd better help me through it. Smile Only kidding.

I have had off and on mild hot flashes for a year now...nothing that stops me in my tracks.

If you ask my husband he'll tell you I have been going through the change for the 13 years we have been married. (I told him that during a bad hair day) That was my story and I've stuck to it.

When I do go through the change...I plan to look around at the herbal supplements. I'll speak to my Dr as well. So far he says if it's not a problem...just wait. Shocked

This is informative hearing about a new journey I may go on. Hope I never tire of travel. By the sounds of it I am not sure where I'll end up.

Sandyz
9 months breathig free

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 2, 2004 4:44 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't use anything at all either until I started getting the weepies! Very Happy

Tonya

~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: