quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Are there any women here who are a member at "Curves&qu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkLungs

Quit Date:
July 19, 2004

PostPosted: August 1, 2004 3:59 PM    Post subject: Are there any women here who are a member at "Curves&qu Reply with quote

I was thinking about joining Curves. There is one very near to my work. I would be able to leave work during the day, hop, skip, and jump over to Curves, workout, and go back to work. I want to know if anyone has a membership at Curves and find out what you think about it. I probably have gained about 3 - 7 pounds since I quit smoking. I am still not over-weight per se, but I would like to get into shape, especially since I can breathe now. Would this be a good place for me:?:

Thanks!
julie

Quit Date:
July 19, 2004

PostPosted: August 1, 2004 6:30 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! (you have the same quit date as me!!!!!)

I am not a member of curves, but had a friend who was and she really enjoyed it. I think its a good idea! I am overweight (mostly put on during previous failed quits over the years) and joined weight watchers the week of my quit. I feel great and will not have that excuse to lose this quit (gained weight excuse.)

GO FOR IT!!!!!!

Julie

"Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you stood your ground in a great contest in the face of suffering" (Heb. 10:32)
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 3, 2004 9:27 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a member of Curves and I love it! It's not too much yet just enough (if that makes sense)

The inches drop off...it's a slower process compared to weights or vigorous cardio.

Hope this helps!

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

Angel

Quit Date:
November 11, 2004

PostPosted: August 3, 2004 10:19 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mother belongs to Curves and she loves it. She quit smoking just over a year ago (yay, Mom!) and put on about 15 pounds (which is noticeable when you're 4'11"). She's been faithful and has lost 10 pounds in a steady, maintainable manner. Whatever works!
merry

Quit Date:
August 15, 2003

PostPosted: August 4, 2004 11:19 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a member for a year (required), but after about six months I found myself getting very bored with it. I think it would help a whole lot if you had a friend to talk to while you're doing the exercises. It really is a good program and I think it works great. I think you can go visit one and see it for yourself, then decide if you want to join. But the friend idea is something to think about.
Good luck.

Mary
Q/D: August 15, 2003
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: