quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fasting for weight loss

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 1, 2004 8:06 PM    Post subject: Fasting for weight loss Reply with quote

Has anyone ever done a juice fast to jumpstart weight loss??? I'm considering trying it and would like advice from others who have done it if possible.
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: August 1, 2004 11:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a friend that did a juice fast. Not for weight purposes but she thought that it would be healthy. Check out drweil.com. He may have more info on that subject. Kerry
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 3, 2004 8:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm going to try a juice fast starting tomorrow.....if all goes as planned. I am doing a fitness program that recommends it as a jumpstart to the program. If I feel it's not going well, I'll stop.
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: August 3, 2004 11:00 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Mindy, keep us posted. Thanks for your tips too! Kerry
Carla

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 3, 2004 11:56 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindy,

I'm guessing the liquids don't include wine? Crying or Very sad Let us know how you do. I'm been dieting for a long time now and I think I need to do something different for a change.

Carla
Quit Date: January 4, 2004
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 3, 2004 1:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carla,
the fasting is supposed to help you to lose 4-6 lbs in 2 days and it also detoxes your body. I am working the Slim in 6 program by Debbie Siebers--you can go to www.beachbody.com and get more info. They have a 2 day fast that you can purchase, but I don't have time to order it and wait for it to arrive so I've gotten some advice from others to just do a juice fast which does the same thing. It is supposed to take away cravings for sweets also.......we'll see how it works and I'll keep all of you posted.
No, unfortunately it doesn't include wine...or coffee........I will go nuts without my coffee. If I get real hungry at least I can eat an apple or banana.
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 3, 2004 1:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I am starting Weight Watchers as soon as I can make it to a meeting and get all the information. I am exited to start that also!!!
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 3, 2004 1:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You go girl! Smile

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

Gentle Breeze

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 3, 2004 9:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any type of fasting Mindy good for people when happiness comes after. These woman fasts many times in traditional way, no food a only little water sometimes for three days but mostly two days and always alone so let good and peace flow in. Sometimes Doctor say "no Gentle, you too skinny now and not good for body" so then not do for awhile. But happiness comes to spirit of me when fast and this bring peace to me so this is just my way and it is good for me. Hope this happiness and peace for you Mindy and all who try to loss weight to help body be healthy.

Gentle Breeze

Many years and some days healing and happy - by choice
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 4, 2004 4:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentle Breeze--I've been doing a lot of research on fasting and I've found out that I will not only lose a few pounds and detox my body but I will also hopefully have a greater sense of well being too!! What a great added bonus.....thanks so much for your post!
Carla

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 4, 2004 4:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if my doctor will ever say, "Carla, you're too skinny..." Probably not in this lifetime. Sigh.

Carla
Quit Date: January 4, 2004
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 4, 2004 4:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I know the feeling Carla! Only in my dreams!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: