quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > message board tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: August 3, 2004 1:06 PM    Post subject: Avatar keeps disappearing Reply with quote

Kevin
Help please!!!
I keep reentering my avatar and the pictures shows up, and as soon as I change forums, it disappears and I get the dreaded red x. Also I noticed some others are also x'ed. Is this my computers problem (been having problems with it). It seemed to have occured when you switched the orders of the forums.????????????
Thanks in advance for any insight you could give me on this.

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 3, 2004 4:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're not alone, Carol; there are several people who have told me the same thing. in every case, i always see their avatar when i go to look (just as i saw yours in this post both times i opened it).

the common denominator with all of the people who are reporting that they're losing their avatar is that they're hijacking the image in question (in your case, Carol, and in a couple of others, the site you're hijacking the image from is www.gifs.net).

as i explained in my post in this forum titled "how to post images", this is not the best way to use an image here; please refer to that post for instructions on what you should do to make this problem go away.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > message board tips All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: