quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A post from an Angel~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul

Quit Date:
February 6, 2004

PostPosted: April 15, 2004 12:43 PM    Post subject: A post from an Angel~ Reply with quote

Below is a post written by Angel in response to a post from Carol. It was this post that nearly had me reaching for tissues so I thought it was worth re-broadcasting all by itself.

Angel~ I am so happy for you. Our relationship with our kids is what it's all about. You were not a terrible mother. You were a nicotine addict. I'm so glad there is more laughter in your house these days. My guess is that your kids do know about you quitting smoking and they are really happy about it.

If you ask me, I think you are the one who should be patting yourself on the back, not us. You did the work. You are an awesome quitter and apparently a great Mother!! I just loved your post!!! Please don't ever smoke again!!

Ri paul
69 days nicotine free
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angel
Quit Date:
April 9, 2004
Posted: April 15, 2004 9:27 AM Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the tissue warning - Wow. It breaks my heart to admit that my kids could have been praying a similar prayer the whole time I was a smoker. I wasn't dead, but I wasn't available to them either. When I realize how much time I spend with them now, just doing everyday stuff, compared to when I was smoking I want to cry. How could I have been such a terrible mother? It was a hassle to help them get ready for bed. It never failed that I had just lit a fresh cig when they would come and ask me to tuck them in - and I would make them wait! I never helped them with their homework or went on walks with them, or just played in the yard. They are 12 and 10 now, but hopefully it's not too late to start being a mother. I can already see a difference in their attitudes. Even if they didn't notice that I'm not smoking (how could they not notice?!) they are definitely happier kids and not as hesitant to approach me. I am getting lots more hugs these days and there is much more laughter in my house - and everyone here contributed to that transformation. Pat yourselves on the back for a job well done!

(written by Angel...4/15/04 in response to a post from Carol)
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: April 15, 2004 6:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angel
Paul is so right. You were addicted. We all did the very best we could. Every one of us loved our children. The very fact that the poem hit you so hard, tells me how much you love those children.
There is a saying my friend used to tell me when I was newly into alcoholism recovery...lets see if I can remember it.......

I'm not what I want to be
I'm not what I could be
But thankyou Lord
That I am not what I was.

Try not to dwell on the ways you weren't there in the past, dwell on what you are giving them now and, as you grow even more,,,,, in the future.
You are a very special person. I am proud to know you

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: April 15, 2004 7:20 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, Angel's reply to Carol's post touched my heart too. She knows it did. Wink I just would like to add that these kind of things that pop up in my mind are the things that make me all the more convienced that I will never smoke again. Smile

Tammy
Free and loving it!
leigh

Quit Date:
April 4, 2004

PostPosted: April 19, 2004 12:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday, I had taken my 2year old daughter and my little cousin to our Zoo. Then we came home and walked about 3 blocks to our neighborhood park...When I came back home I told my spouse something had just occured to me....
I am spending more time with Jada than I ever have in her 2 years on earth than ever before...I dont ask him or someone else to watch her or hold her, so I could walk away and smoke...I don't tell her, I'll put the wiggles on in a minute, after I go outside to smoke..I am there for her whenever she needs me and I dont have the mean anxiety feeling/thinking of... what now? cant you see I need a cig feeling...
Everyday I'm realizing more things and it's making it that more easier to not want a cig or 1 puff...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: