quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My dog Goldie died

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ilona

Quit Date:
July 23, 2003

PostPosted: August 6, 2004 10:51 AM    Post subject: My dog Goldie died Reply with quote

Hello Everybody,

On 07/26/04 our dog Goldie died. We had her for 16 Years.
I miss her sooooo much! It really hurts. She was sick only one day.
We don't want to have a new dog, because we are old and
after we die nobody would take care of it.
So thats that. I am still smoke free no matter what had happend.
I wanted to anounce my lunaverssery, but I didn't know how.
Maybe somebody cuold tell me? Thanks.
Hugs Ilona Q/D 07/23/03 allredy ONE YEAR and +
PinkLungs

Quit Date:
July 19, 2004

PostPosted: August 6, 2004 11:08 AM    Post subject: I'm sorry Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear about your dog... I don't even want to think about losing our dog or our cats. Sad

We're all proud of you for keeping your quit during this rough time.
Ben's Mom

Quit Date:
July 6, 2004

PostPosted: August 6, 2004 1:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hl Ilona..I'm so sorry for your loss. It is very sad indeed to lose pets who love us so dearly.

This may not be the time to say this but Ilona there are many older dogs who need homes. Unlike you, there are people who view them as disposable. Maybe there will be a time when you can open your heart and your home to another companion animal that would be so grateful for your love.

Take time for yourself and it is understandable that you are sad. You are doing the right thing by keeping your quit. Oh yes....and a HUGE congratulations for your 1 year! That is an awesome achievement!

Laurie

I hope your dreams take you... to the corners of your smiles, to the highest of your hopes, to the windows of your opportunities, and to the most special places your heart has ever known.
unknown author

Last edited by Ben's Mom on August 6, 2004 1:57 PM; edited 2 times in total
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 6, 2004 1:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ilona, first of all, let me congratulate you on your 1 year anniversary. Now, you are truly in the category of major super quitters!, and it's quite a feat>

So sorry about your dog. They are like our children, moreso, and it's heartbreaking when anything happens to them. But, it sounds like she had a long and full life, and only a short time of illness.

You cheer up. Rolling Eyes and feel better!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
PinkLungs

Quit Date:
July 19, 2004

PostPosted: August 6, 2004 1:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurie what a good idea! I am going to tell my in-laws about that when their beloved doggy goes. Thank you.
Ben's Mom

Quit Date:
July 6, 2004

PostPosted: August 6, 2004 1:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkLungs....every little life should be rewarded with love....Older dogs make great companions....pass it along!

I hope your dreams take you... to the corners of your smiles, to the highest of your hopes, to the windows of your opportunities, and to the most special places your heart has ever known.
unknown author
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 6, 2004 2:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ilona, my heart felt sympathies for the loss of your beloved pet. I know she will be missed horribly. Congratulations on your one year Quit. You are doing such an awesome job. You inspire me.

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: August 6, 2004 4:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ilona,

I'm so very sorry to hear of the death of your friend, Goldie. It sounds like you gave her a beautiful loving home for quite a long time. Take comfort in the fact that she didn't suffer for a long time with a painful illness.

Congratulations on being quit for over a year. That's quite an accomplishment.

---
3m 3w 5d 19:08 smoke-free, 3,294 cigs not smoked, $637.22 saved, 1w 4d 10:30 life saved

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: August 6, 2004 5:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ilona: I am very sorry to hear about your loss of your precious dog. Sad
I think Laurie had a beautiful idea.

May the Lord Comfort you in your grief.

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 6, 2004 9:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear of your loss, Ilona - i still my dogs, and i haven't had one for a very long time (i developed allergies in my early 30s; one of them is to dogs Sad )

but congratulations on over a year of freedom! that's great! you're always free to post a message in the "lunaversaries, anniversaries, and celebrations"; nothing wrong with patting yourself on the back, and we do love a party... Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: August 6, 2004 10:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. We lost our Great Dane last year and we still miss him terribly even though we have a new one named Winfield. It is a shame that their life span is not the same as ours, they are our most loyal friends. You have done a great job with the quit can't wait until I can say one year!
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: August 6, 2004 11:13 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

{{{{{Ilona}}}}}

Crying or Very sad I am sorry to hear about your loss.

Very Happy You are still smoke free so WTG on your anniversary even if it is late.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
merry

Quit Date:
August 15, 2003

PostPosted: August 7, 2004 8:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ilona, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Goldie, but so proud of you for keeping your quit through it. When I lost my dog a couple of years ago, my sister sent me some websites to help get through the grief. One of them was www.petloss.com This poem made me cry but it is so beautiful:

Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Mary
Q/D: August 15, 2003
lbuz

Quit Date:
May 29, 2007

PostPosted: August 7, 2004 4:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ilona

Congratulations to you on one year that is great!!! I am sorry to hear about your Goldie, I lost my Molly just a few weeks ago and she was just 11. Everyone is right about the older dogs though (not that you can replace Goldie) check with your vets, our has a bulletin board of older dogs who need some good homes. Take care!!!

Lisa
bjj

Quit Date:
April 7, 2004

PostPosted: August 7, 2004 10:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ilona,
I lost two dog to two different illnesses in 1 and1/2 years. One was 7 and one was 14. I still miss them terribly, and still cry at times. I did get a new dog. He can not take the place of either one, but he has his own place. I am soooooo sorry about your loss. I know it is devastating to have lost Goldie.
Lisa,
I also wanted to offer my sympathy on the loss of Molly. While extremely sad, it is nice to know how loved some animals are. I wish they all were.

Hugs to you both!

Bonnie

"Always think of what you have to do as easy and it will become so".
Emile Coue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: