quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

User ratings?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: August 11, 2004 10:00 AM    Post subject: User ratings? Reply with quote

Kevin:

I'm gonna guess there is no easy way to do it, but it would be cool if we could have user ratings or whatever you might want to call it. The longer someone has been quit, the higher rating they would get. There would be pre-determined levels that users would reach as time went by, and their status would automatically be elevated.

Is that possible? The user's rating would be assigned based on their quit date. We could think up some titles for people that would be kind of funny.

Just a few ideas for some of the titles...

Ash Kicker
Crave Conqueror
Nicodemon Exorcist

Whatcha think???

If it can't be done automatically, then maybe we could have a list posted somewhere to tell us at what point we move on to the next category, and we incorporate the titles into our profiles somehow.

The titles need to show up in our posts, though. Will have to look at the options in our profiles and see if there is a place to include these titles.

Tom

If a person with Multiple Personality Disorder threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: August 11, 2004 7:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarbD:

If it would be a source of controversy, then it wouldn't be worth it. I was just thinking it might be fun and that the titles might be considered somewhat of a reward.

No biggie if we don't do it.

Tomster

I have been quit for 7 Months, 1 Week, 3 Days, 19 hours and 30 minutes (223 days). I have saved $839.29 by not smoking 6,714 cigarettes. I have saved 3 Weeks, 2 Days, 7 hours and 30 minutes of my life.

If a person with Multiple Personality Disorder threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
PinkLungs

Quit Date:
July 19, 2004

PostPosted: August 12, 2004 11:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom I thought it was funny too. But then again, I just do not sweat the small stuff... I mean their argument makes me question... why do we have our quit dates posted? Why is there a freedom fighters list? Why do we state how many days we have been quit? etc., etc., etc.

S**t... this is HUGE accomplishment for me! I am PROUD to be a "non-smoker!" And yeah, I am only on 24+ days, but it is a hell-a-va lot better then 1 day or 2 days or 3 days... if it were not --- I would be smoking right now... and just quit again tomorrow.

I am also really proud that I quit cold turkey... NOTHING else has worked for me... throw me a bone for goodness sakes... give me that one thing. I tortured myself for 12 years... I am done with that... I am celebrating baby and I am celebrating LARGE AND LOUD!!!

YEE HAW!!!

PinkLungs
24+ days NICOTINE AND SMOKE-FREE BABY
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 13, 2004 6:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Pinklungs, you are just too funny!

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 14, 2004 11:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, my success lies in the numbers! Without day one, there wouldn't be a day 2 etc. etc!!! Yes, the number of days quit matters. We all have our own unique quits, views, etc. We all share one quality together and that is the ability to help one another even when we may not agree on everything. I think it's healthy to say how we feel...be honest!
I am just proud to be smoke free--------Yipppppeeee!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: