quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Double posts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > message board tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mar

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 12, 2004 4:52 PM    Post subject: Double posts Reply with quote

Lately, my posts have been showing up in duplicate. When I click the back arrow, a message comes up that the page has to be refressed. When I click refresh, a blank message then appears. Then, when I click the back arrow again, I see that my post has a twin.

What am I doing wrong?

Marlene
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 12, 2004 5:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

hitting the back arrow. by doing that, you're going back to the page that calls the script writes the posts, and because of the way web forms work, your previous post is still 'in memory'. when you go back to the page, it thinks you want to submit the post again.

how to avoid this: when you start a thread - or post a response to an existing thread - after you click the "submit" button, you should be redirected to the post you just made; whether it's a new post or a response to an existing one, whatever you just posted will be the last post in the thread. underneath your post, you'll see a line with two links: the first link is the text "quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index"; if you click this, it'll take you all the way back to the front page of the site. this link is followed by a right angle bracket, which is in turn followed by the name of the forum you just posted into; the forum name is also a link, which will take you to that forum's index page.

please let me know if that wasn't clear.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Mar

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 12, 2004 7:58 PM    Post subject: Testing Reply with quote

I tried your way, Kenvin, but still had trouble with the Refresh button.

I have talked to my server, was put through a whole battery of instructions and think the problem has been solved.

Thanks very much for your help. You are a lifesaver.

Marlene
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > message board tips All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: