quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Water

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
julie

Quit Date:
July 19, 2004

PostPosted: August 13, 2004 1:39 PM    Post subject: Water Reply with quote

For an excellent resource on the health (and weight loss) benefits of water, go to this link (at Dottie's weight loss zone website - an excellent site).

http://www.dwlz.com/WWinfo/water.html

Drink up!

Julie - day 26

"Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you stood your ground in a great contest in the face of suffering" (Heb. 10:32)
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 13, 2004 1:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Julie! I'm checking it out right now!
justdebbie

Quit Date:
August 1, 2004

PostPosted: August 13, 2004 2:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Julie!!!
Just plain water and so good for us!! We always knew it, we just need reminded again and again..

Thanks bunches
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 13, 2004 2:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks, Julie, it was a great site, and I'm already doin..........wait.....oops.......gotta go..........bathroom........!

Ha, ha. And, don't forget to peel some grapes for the party. (see party, luniversary forum).

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
julie

Quit Date:
July 19, 2004

PostPosted: August 13, 2004 2:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta peel the grapes?????

"Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you stood your ground in a great contest in the face of suffering" (Heb. 10:32)
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 13, 2004 3:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz Not if you bring the tarter sauce.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: August 13, 2004 5:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Julie,

Thanks for the website. I just read, and re-read it. Sure does make sense. I've always been a big "water" person but sure haven't been drinking 2 qts/day; only 1/qt. Guess I'll have to double it.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 13, 2004 6:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really can get ill from drinking too much water. But it's a lot.

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 13, 2004 8:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Margaret, it's Tonya, not Barb. I know, I know, people say we look alike. Smile Regarding how much is too much. There was a hazing incident at one of the colleges in Texas this year where a young man drank around 5 gallons of water over the space of several hours (2-3) and died from it. Something to do with electrolytes? maybe? I can't remember why. I also had a co-worker tell me a few years back her mother-in-law had been taken to the hospital for some complaint or another and turns out she was drinking way too much water too. I don't have an amount on the last one because the co-worker didn't know.

I wouldn't think 3 quarts would be too much though. Sounds about right to me.

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: August 16, 2004 12:24 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water is amazing!! One thing the site says thats a bit confusing is that they say to drink cold water instead of warm because the body absorbs it faster?! I was always told that warm water is absorbed faster into the body. Marw, i drink a lot of water a day too, and tons of salt! I never had a problem, i'm 5 9.5' and 115 and been drinking water all the time, its my favorite drink! In modeling we are supposed to drink a lot of water before shoots, keeps your skin good hydrated. I never heard of drinking too much water? But i guess anything in excess is bad.

Very Happy

Follow Your Bliss
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: August 16, 2004 12:47 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found an interesting article on water. http://www.nols.edu/wmi/articles/archive/hydration.shtml
This one also says that cool water absorbs faster, i guess its true.. hmm Water is yummy!! I am drinking it right now hehehehe.

Marw, i can see how cold water can bother your stomach, as long as your drinking it, i think thats good. I would take water over soda any day. Its funny when I don't drink enough water i can feel it, my body doesnt feel right and my skin isn't as nice..maybe its all in my head, but i think its true. I love salt, and too much salt is bad... I learned my lesson, i was getting sick...and had this rice/pickled plum japanese dish, that is good for colds...i had too many pickled plums which are loaded with salt and got a 103.5 fever and rising...the salt affected my kidneys and made me sick :O. Now i just don't eat many of those pickled plums, i limit myselt at 1 or 2 hehe. But i still eat salt all the time... I think moderation is key, i grew up in a house where eating was a big part of the family, so we were encouraged to eat everything!! hehe My father loves his salt, he salts food before he even tastes it!! hehehe Laughing

Follow Your Bliss
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: August 16, 2004 2:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for pointing this water site out to us. I thought I drank enough water. My probelm is I drink it all when I get home from work. And I drank more when I smoked. I couldn't stand to have a dry mouth. I have to drink water if I smoked.

Thanks again.

Bottoms Up!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
julie

Quit Date:
July 19, 2004

PostPosted: August 17, 2004 10:27 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link, Mariko.

I never knew I needed as much water as I am drinking these days, but I feel better since I am drinking it. I can really tell the difference when I forget to drink it.

Julie - day 30

Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: August 18, 2004 1:00 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Julie!! hehe Drinking water as i type this lol Laughing .

Follow Your Bliss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: