quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DAMN!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: August 14, 2004 10:57 PM    Post subject: DAMN!!!!! Reply with quote

I HAVEN'T STOPPED THINKING ABOUT CIGARETTES SINCE THURSDAY. SOMEBODY PLEASE SLAP ME. Mad KERRY
bigdaddyscds

Quit Date:
May 13, 2004

PostPosted: August 14, 2004 11:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a slap!!! Now, you did the right thing by coming here. Breathe deep, sing a song, kick a dog whatever it takes to occupy your mind while this passes. If you did ffs then go over your reasons for quitting if you didn't make one now. There is no reason to smoke at all. NEVER AGAIN! Tell yourself that over and over, set it to music and that can be your song!! JUST DON'T SMOKE. KERRY, Ride it out don't fight it. Good luck and keep posting!
John
P.s. I didn't really mean to kick a dog!

All things are difficult before they are easy.
Thomas Fuller , M.D.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: August 14, 2004 11:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
SLAPPPPP

Snap out of it .....that is too long to have that eating at you.... drink some ice water...eat popcorn,cake or whatever you love to eat....but don't give in to it. It ( the self -kicking butt) is much worse than what you are feeling now. When you let yourself down, it is harder than when someone else lets you down. Hope this will help....if not have sex. Laughing
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 14, 2004 11:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent you a PM........And don't you even think of throwing this quit out the window. Don't fixate on that 'one' cigarette or a pack of cigs.......keep your hands and mind busy, busy, busy!!!!

We're all here for ya,
(((((((hugs))))))))))
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: August 14, 2004 11:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Listen to Mindy when she tells you that you will be one puff away from a pack a day....that really stuck with me and I say it everyday...thanks Mindy.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
PinkLungs

Quit Date:
July 19, 2004

PostPosted: August 15, 2004 1:14 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry,

Interesting...

Everyone has talked about how you should not smoke a cigarette, which is of course correct.

However, I am wondering... why do you want to smoke a cigarette? What has been going on since Thursday that has surfaced this amazing craving? Why will it not go away? What are you doing differently than you did before when you got craving?

Something is going on Kerry and you need to plug into that. It is slightly longer than 3 months... so could it be the evil 3's? What else could it be? Journal what is going on in your life right now... do it here if you want. You are experiencing a trigger and that trigger has to be identified and conquered.

Yes... don't smoke... but listen to yourself... figure it out... beat the addiction at it's game, by out smarting it.

You can do this.

Congratulations on your quit thus far. I know you can make it through this.

PinkLungs
26+ days nicotine and smoke-free

Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip. -- Will Rogers
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 15, 2004 5:19 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ms. Kerry, sorry you're having a rough time. Don't know that you can stop thinking about cancer sticks. Sometimes if I am trying not to think about something, work, worry or whatever, I almost drive myself crazy with it. So what I do is write it down. If you journal, that's fine, but if not, get out some paper and a pen and just write down your thoughts. Putting them on paper gets them out of my head and gives me peace.

I find myself in agreement with the clan here. Something else is up with you. Whether you share it or not is up to you. Just know we are on your side! Smile

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: August 15, 2004 9:42 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry, Everyone has given you great advice. Instead of thinking of a cigarette, picture yourself with all of us in your living room right now.
What do you see?

Oh you think I'm pretty? why thank you Embarassed
Oh you think Mindy is striking? she thanks you too!
Oh you think Pamela is funny? She thank you
Oh you think Margaret is loving? She thanks you
Oh you think Tonya is smart? She thanks you
Oh you think Pink Lungs is cute with that Pink Hair? She thank you
Oh you think Barb is kindhearted? She thank you
Oh you think Kay is one great cowgirl? She says" cowgirl up"
Oh you think John "Is the Man?" He says "awe shucks Embarassed , Aint nothin ma'am!

There, I miss anybody? See how much we love you and don't want thinking about cigarettes. We want you thining about us.

Love, Londa

Whew! I'm tired. Have terrible memory had to keep looking to see who wrote.

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: August 15, 2004 11:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Kerry,

I won't slap you but will remind you of what you've come through since your quit. Just think of those first days. I doubt that you want to start all over again. You're doing great. Old Scowling Demon is lurking near you. He's the one who needs the slap. LET HIM HAVE IT!!!

---
4m 4d 14:09 smoke-free, 3,537 cigs not smoked, $684.23 saved, 1w 5d 6:45 life saved

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: August 15, 2004 11:44 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who just messed up and reset their quit date, its SOOO NOT WORTH IT!!! Keep yourself busy busy busy!! Very Happy

hugs
Mariko

Follow Your Bliss
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 15, 2004 7:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are all too funny.......Me striking???????? hmmmmmmmmm......... Rolling Eyes I'm the girl next door.

nicotine free
Seven months, three days, 18 hours, 45 minutes and 0 seconds. 8671 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,517.18. Life saved: 4 weeks, 2 days, 2 hours, 35 minutes.
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: August 15, 2004 10:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, OK I'M HERE Laughing I have to tell you that I'm sitting here smiling from ear to ear Very Happy . It's so nice to have so many people who care about you. And for the record, I did not smoke. In fact, today I was so busy getting ready for going back to school, that we ended up going out to dinner tonight. After dinner I had a crave and realized that it was the first one I had all day. Some of you asked why I was fixating and honestly I do think has something to do with the weather. Margaret asked if this hidieous Chicago weather was getting to me. Actually, it's just the opposite. I LOVE cold weather. My mother-in-law actually commented one time on how I seem to come alive when the first frost hits Laughing . I also realized this year that even tho I have quit many times, I have never been quit from October-December. I always managed to get back to smoking. This weather we're having, is reminding me of my favorite time of year. Once Labor Day is over I'm ready to rock. Not that I don't love summer, I do, but I think that the last four months of the year are the best. These upcoming months will be critical for me. I have to face them without smokes. I really think that that has been my issue. Anyway guys, thanks so much for caring. Kerry p.s. I promise I'll answer my PM's tomorrow. Crazy day today.
justdebbie

Quit Date:
August 1, 2004

PostPosted: August 15, 2004 11:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jumps up and down!!!

I want to be included in the list.. I wanna be pretty. Or funny or just cute.. something.. waaahhhhh I don't wanna be left out!!!

Hey Kerry get your butt on here!! The masses are going crazey.
justdebbie

Quit Date:
August 1, 2004

PostPosted: August 15, 2004 11:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

geesh I was late in my reply.. so just ignore me
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 16, 2004 6:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel left out Deb, just pick the one you want to be! I'm with Barb though, I want to be pretty, too! Laughing

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: