quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

WHAAAAA WHOOOO - New Quit Date August 16th - on Day 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joanna

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 17, 2004 12:45 PM    Post subject: WHAAAAA WHOOOO - New Quit Date August 16th - on Day 2 Reply with quote

Hey guys, so I re-commited my quit date I am on day 2. I am definitely more prepared then I was. But I just have to say OH MY GOD the headaches and killing me. I feel like I have a spike in my eye. I was talking it through with my friend Kelley, Supper Support and while I was talking to her I realized I hadn't had any caffine in 3 days. Uh DUH talk about a double whammy. No nico no caffine. What the heck was I doing. That is what could have been my problem last time. I didn't do it intentionaly. So anyway, I'm going get myself a coke instead of a smoke. Sorry I'm rambling. So I woke up this morning, not feeling so hot and I was in the bathroom looking at myself in the mirror, and I started telling myself. I may feel sick right now but I know it's going to go away. If I had cancer, that may not go away and I would feel 10 times worse. "SO JO" I said to myself. YOU CAN DO THIS. This may be hard but compared to what you could have to go through, take the lesser of two evils. Well that is my comentary for today. Check in with you all later. Have a wonderful smoke free day.
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: August 17, 2004 12:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo, Happy to hear your quitting again. The coke will probably help with headache. and yes, you can do this! Just keep us posted, and we will be there for you. Hope you get a good nites rest.

May God Bless!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
jennifer32327

Quit Date:
November 23, 2004

PostPosted: August 17, 2004 12:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you Jo! You can do this. You are right about feeling bad now but it will pay off in the long run. I have started a new quit as well and we can do this together. This time lets do it forever!! You go girl!

I have been quit for 3 Days, 12 hours, 58 minutes and 25 seconds (3 days). I have saved $14.16 by not smoking 70 cigarettes. I have saved 5 hours and 50 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 8/14/2004

Jennifer,

Keep your heart open to dreams for
as long as there is dream there is hope
and as long as there is hope
there is joy in living!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: August 17, 2004 2:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Good luck, ladies!

Essie
4/14/04
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 17, 2004 3:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joanna,
I'm so happy to hear you've recommited to a new quit date!!! Get a little caffeine in ya! I know how it feels to go thru caffeine withdrawals--I get awful headaches also. Take it easy and be kind to yourself,
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 17, 2004 7:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! Cool

If you haven't already, you may want to try green tea for some caffeine. For me, drinking this cold has been a "quit saver".

Congrats, congrats, congrats!!! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: