quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Saturday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 17, 2004 1:58 PM    Post subject: Saturday Reply with quote

Stretch, stretch, yawn, yawn. It's Saturday morning and I've just rolled out of bed, have a cup of coffee as my side kick and am sitting at the desk, occasionally trying to roust Ed out of slumber. On Saturday mornings I feel it's imperative that he not sleep in. It's Saturday... be awake.. we must watch the grass grow. This, I believe, he never will understand. Our difference in this regard may well one day be our undoing. Though it's unlikely that day is today.

And a quote by Samuel Taylor Coleridge crosses my mind.. "What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you dreamed? And what if, in your dream, you went to heaven and plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if, when you awoke, you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?"

For all it's intended mysticism I keep thinking, "well, while you're there pick me up a bouquet of sterling calla lillies and toss in a lotus and a few lady tulips for good measure. Okay.. wake up, already!"

But what if today is a culmination of all life's beauty and mystery? What if that moment is right now?

As we each struggle in our own ways to break free of our addiction(s) their are undoubtedly days that we sit waiting for tomorrow. Tomorrow - when we'll be freer, when perhaps it will be eaiser. There are certainly days when today is merely something to endure.

It can be so difficult to live in the moment when on some level we're living for a vision of the future - a future when we've untethered ourselves from our addiction(s) enough to know who we are without drugs in our bodies. It's so frightening, isn't it, to face ourselves raw, real and alive and sometimes not like what we see and yet still face our internal lives with the courage at least to look and possibly to change?

I suppose this missive is intended to inspire people, regardless of where they are at in their struggle - to draw back into the day and whether it's filled with joy, struggle, freedom or pain to appreciate the wonder of today, the long now.

"Listen to your life. See it for the fathomless mystery that it is. In the boredom and pain of it no less than the excitement and gladness; touch, taste, smell your way to the holy and hidden heart of it, because in the last analysis all moments are key moments, and life itself is grace." - Fred Buechner

So how IS your day?

-ZUzu
law_girl_1969

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 17, 2004 4:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lazy Saturday is wonderful, Zuzu, thanks for asking!!! Your petals are enough to inspire me, believe me!

I've spent the morning helping my daughters rediscover their spring/summer clothes that they boxed up months ago and have needed these past couple days. You would think we had just gone shopping rather than pulled out old things...they are so easily happy...something I could learn to adopt more often!!

I sat on my patio, painted my toenails (even the broken pinky one that is colorful enough in and of itself) and basically pampered myself for a couple hours just smelling the spring smells, listening to the birds, and watching my dear old dog stroll around the yard. We've recently found out that she is very sick, that she could be treated with painful procedures and expensive treatments that would help me by keeping her around longer but do little but extend her life which will be getting more and more miserable quite soon. So, as we contemplate our last days with dear Molly, I get a little teary eyed, but enjoy every last minute of it.

My Cardinals are whooping up on the Rockies, which just really has made my afternoon.

Now it's time to get some studying done for one of 3 tests I have next week, all of which I plan to ACE Wink

It's a beautiful, smoke free day and I'm enjoying my smobriety. The email can pour in further telling me to settle down and to not listen to what I've had said to me over the last day and a half, and I can continue to struggle to let it go, to just LET IT GO and stop needing the last word on things...

My goodness, this has turned into a ramble...I just wanted to say Thank You Zuzu, my Saturday is BEAUTIFUL!!

Lynn

"There are those who think they can and those who think they can't and they are both right." Henry Ford
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: