quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

help help help i slipped

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: August 20, 2004 8:27 PM    Post subject: help help help i slipped Reply with quote

hi
my husband went out of town and i went to my brothers because I was upset for a reason which i am not going into. I drank a couple of beers and smoked my brains out. I had quit for 12 days and now feel that I am back to square 1. I have infected my lungs once again with poison. I am having a really hard time with this it is so tough. I have a hard time when I get stresed. I know how bad it is for me and I thought I was so stroung and had this licked , but now look at me i am a week woman smoking today. I dont plan on smoking again I just feel like crap becaouse i let in to the demon. If anhyone has any advice for me it would be so well apreciated'
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 20, 2004 8:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeri, the important thing right now is that you have Quit again. Stop beating yourself up. Get rid of the rest of them, if you still have them around so you won't be tempted again. Reread your reasons for Quitting. Do some reading at whyquit.com. Practice some extreme self-care right now. And most of all, never take another puff. You CAN do this.

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: August 20, 2004 9:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bake10,

So you slipped up. You're not the first and certainly won't be the last one this happens to. Quit beating up on yourself and concentrate on building a new firm quit. You can do this. Very Happy

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: August 20, 2004 11:51 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set a new quit date and begin again. I copied this from whyquit.com I hope it helps to get that back door shut. Go to FFS and also rework the lessons. You can do this. If I quit anyone can quit.

Nicodemons Lie #4
It reduces my stress and helps calm me down.

The Truth:
This health intellectualization is false. The body's pH balance is delicate. Nicotine is an alkaloid and stress an acid producing event. The more stressful the event the quicker the body's remaining nicotine reserves are neutralized (in the same manner as pouring a baking soda solution on an acid covered car battery terminal). The stressed smoker is thrown into early chemical withdrawal adding additional anxiety to the underlying original stressful event. It's why the anxiety associated with a flat tire causes smokers to reach for a cigarette while the non-smoker reaches for a jack. The anxieties build until the doubly stressed smoker cries out "I NEED A CIGARETTE!" Within eight seconds of the first puff, the smoker's nicotine blood serum nicotine level rises and their withdrawal anxieties subside. The addict is left with the false impression that smoking cured the underlying stressful event when in fact the tire is still flat. All non-smokers experience stress too. The difference is that they don't add early nicotine withdrawal to each stressful event. In truth, stress nicotine depletion causes smokers to experience far more anxiety than non-smokers. In truth, it is much easier and calmner being the real "you" than it is living as a chemical slave.

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Hope

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 21, 2004 4:24 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone is right - dust yourself down and get right in the saddle again.

It took me a few attempts to get to here, and I feel that if anything they helped me prepare for this time. Thats not an excuse for anyone to slip up mind you Laughing

Learn frm your mistakes. Those 12 days will have done you a lot of good - think of all those toxins you saved your lungs from..just try and do it again before you put too many more in.

Its not the end of the world, just the start of another chapter of this book. Perhaps that was the prologue..now get on with the main story Smile
merry

Quit Date:
August 15, 2003

PostPosted: August 21, 2004 8:39 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the early weeks of my quit, I had to stay away from drinking alcohol/beer because it would weaken my resolve to keep the quit. Don't kid yourself, this is a tough addiction to kick and thinking you have it licked is going to catch up with you. Remember, one day at a time will get you through. And at your present place in your quit you even have to break that down to hours or possibly minutes. It may not be easy but it's doable.
You're going to have many situations to experience in which you always smoked before. As you pass through each one of these for the first time without a smoke, it will be so much easier the next time. Look for the positives in each of those situations and give yourself a huge reward for your successes.
Be proud of yourself for continuing to try. Never quit trying and you will succeed.

Mary
Q/D: August 15, 2003
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: