quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

thanks to every one to my cry for help last night i slipped

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: August 21, 2004 9:10 AM    Post subject: thanks to every one to my cry for help last night i slipped Reply with quote

Cool Hi everyone, i really am glad I found this site and that so many people care . I smoked yesterday as those of you know that responded to my cry. I woke up this morning, no craving for a smoke and readjusted my attitude and am starting over. I had 12 days under my belt now I am back to day one, but that is ok becaouse I know I can do this. I felt guilty about last night but know that this is different then when I quit before in the past. I am determined and I have God and you wonderful people on my side. No more cancer sticks, no more beer, my biggest trigger point if when I get upset I have a beer and a smoke. I have deided when this happens instead of truning the the killer, I am getting on line , or I am going to go for a walk. Thank you thank you sooooo much for your support. Jeri
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 21, 2004 9:27 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for checking in with us. You have such a great attitude this morning. If beer is one of your triggers, you may just have to avoid it for a few weeks. It won't be forever, because I am a strong believer that we should not avoid the things we normally do, but learn how to do them without smoking. In the early stages of your Quit, I think it is smart to go easy on yourself and do what you need to do to maintin your Quit. As you get stronger in your Quit, add the beer back in.

In the future, if you can, come to the boards and post. Wait for five responses. It will help. One thing I know for sure, the crave will pass whether I smoke or not. Very Happy

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: August 21, 2004 10:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Glad to see that you are back on track. Today is a new day. Go over those reasons to quit list again and If you have time I would go through the lessons at FFS again for reinforcement. See what those back doors were and nail them shut. Congrats for not giving up. Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Ben's Mom

Quit Date:
July 6, 2004

PostPosted: August 21, 2004 2:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Job Jeri! There is only one thing that is worth doing when we trip and that is picking ourselves up and starting again.

Keep kickin ash!

Laurie

I hope your dreams take you... to the corners of your smiles, to the highest of your hopes, to the windows of your opportunities, and to the most special places your heart has ever known.
unknown author
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: August 21, 2004 2:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good girl Jeri! YOu can do this!

God Bless YOu!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: September 3, 2004 8:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Jeri,

I'll just repeat what Londa wrote, "You CAN do this." Many of us have slipped and gotten right back on the program. We're all here to help if we can. Just don't let Scowling Demon fool you into thinking you need him. You don't!

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: September 3, 2004 10:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Jeri,

I knew you could do it! This time will be different so just shut the beer door for a while longer.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
bjj

Quit Date:
April 7, 2004

PostPosted: September 3, 2004 10:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeri,
We all know the old saw, "If at first you don't suceed, try try again!" You can do it. It is possible to quit. I was a chain smoker (I think bicycle chains were the mildest!) Laughing I am almost 5 months quit now. You can stay quit!

Bonnie

"Always think of what you have to do as easy and it will become so".
Emile Coue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: