quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

who slowed down time?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hope

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 26, 2004 10:53 AM    Post subject: who slowed down time? Reply with quote

ok, so who slowed down time?
Apparently i've been quit 3 weeks and (nearly) 3 days...well, it seems a lifetime ago that I was outisde havign a puff.......

although it gets easier with time, it also gets harder - all this effort, and it's just 3 weeks....blimey ! Confused

There's no need to give me advice to not give in though - I dont plan that, It's just hard work - forever is a long time and even taking each day as it comes seems to be taking a long time!!! phew! Rolling Eyes

I guess everyone must feel like this...it's like it's not just been long like you'd get home from work and say "oh, that was a long day"...it really does seem like months ago that I was a smoker. Not just long but looooooong....

.....and yet it's funny how I still feel like there should be a packet in my bag though......weird....

time is playing daft games..
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 26, 2004 12:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you're anything like me, you used to smoke like clockwork (in my case, pretty much every hour on the hour); now that you don't have your smoking "metronome" any more, it'll take some time for you to find new cues to help you regain a sense of time; things like the position of the sun in the sky, the rhythm of the weeks, the changing of the seasons...

just give it some time.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
bigdaddyscds

Quit Date:
May 13, 2004

PostPosted: August 26, 2004 2:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope, Kevin's right you'll relearn to do it all. Also remember you are on the uphill side of your quit at some point you'll cross over the peak and into the downhill part. There's light at the end of the tunnel. Just as you can't look too far forward don't look too far back. Good luck and God bless!
John

All things are difficult before they are easy.
Thomas Fuller , M.D.
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 26, 2004 7:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope, I know exactly what you mean. I had a big problem with losing track of time. I would look at the clock and realize I should have left for work 15 mins ago and I still wasn't dressed. I kept wondering why, if I wasn't smoking, that I seemed to have less time instead of more time.

Then I realized that I used smoking to pace my day. I would get up, put on the coffee, smoke, lay my clothes out, grab a cup of coffee, smoke. . . anyway, you get the idea.

I corrected the situation by making a list of everything I needed to do before I left for work. I could consult the list to stay on track or get back on track. I also made a list of things I needed to do at work and checked them off when they were complete. I am happy to say that I have regained my sense of time and no longer have to make or consult the lists.

This sounds kind of drastic, but I think I actually had to reset or relearn my inner clock to work properly without smoking.

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
justdebbie

Quit Date:
August 1, 2004

PostPosted: August 26, 2004 10:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I needed this post, I thought I was the only one that was having this problem with time. I seem to do everything in slowmo lately. So weird you would think I have more time. At work its like OMG its that time already and I have all this to do yet, and there are no smoke breaks. So Tonya I'm glad you said you run late. I was thinking I was just getting slower.
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 27, 2004 1:51 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Boy!!!! Thanks for posting this and the replies!!!

Glad to hear about this one before I hit my quit date. It'll give me time(hehehe Very Happy , no pun intented) to think about how to conquer and adjust to this challenge. Especially since I'm a routine type person.

Ok...added to list.

Deb

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: