quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: September 1, 2004 1:18 PM    Post subject: Dance Reply with quote

So, recently i have been looking into dance lessons and nearby studios. I really want to work out but I don't want to join a gym. I rather do something like dancing, which is more creative and expressive.

I have taken ballet when i was younger, and thought maybe adult ballet for beginneers might be fun. Well unfortunately with the schedule i have, i haven't found a class that will fit into my schedule, i am still looking! I did find a class on saturdays which i would be able to take...."Broadway Jazz". I never took Jazz, nor do I really know much about it. I love Jazz music, but not too sure about Jazz Dancing. I know its a begineer adult class and it shouldn't be so hard at first, but i don't even know if i like jazz or what it entails. The woman whom i spoke with, is my former teacher from my younger days. She said the class is great and the instructor is young and everyone loves her and they have a lot of fun and its a FULL BODY workout. Sounds interesting but I'm nervous!! I told her I would call her within 24 hours lol. The first class for Broadway Jazz would start Sept. 11th! If it was ballet i wouldn't be nervous, but JAZZ?? I don't even know what Jazz attire is lol...

Has anyone taken jazz before?? Any info on it would be great!

hugs
mariko

Follow Your Bliss
leen

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 1, 2004 1:30 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never taken jazz but I would say, GO FOR IT!
Life is too short. You quit smoking and that is the hardest thing to do, I think you can do this too. Have faith in yourself. I know you can do it.
You have climbed a much bigger mountain than this.
leen

aunt leen
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: September 1, 2004 1:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sounds like such fun. if you are really worried about attire, call back and ask. ballet Shocked that's where i would have problems. Laughing

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: September 1, 2004 2:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you ought to go for it. Post again and let us know if it hurts. I will never do Jazzercise again!
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
bake10

Quit Date:
October 20, 2004

PostPosted: September 1, 2004 3:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a great time, and very good excersise. I enoy dancing myself. If that doesn't work , maybe you could do arobics. Let us know how you like it. Jeri
law_girl_1969

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 1, 2004 3:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My daughter takes jazz, tap and ballet...and she would quit everything and just do jazz if her teacher would let her!! Wink

A lot of jazz stems from ballet, I bet you'll love it! Go for it!!!

Lynn

"There are those who think they can and those who think they can't and they are both right." Henry Ford
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: September 1, 2004 9:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

think Bob Fosse - ever see the movie "All That Jazz"? it was a semi-autobigraphical film Fosse made back in the late 70s - the movie wasn't that great, imo (even though it won some oscars), but i seem to remember there being a lot of jazz dancing; very high energy stuff. click this link to check out the imb review - maybe you can find it at a video store, or request it through the library.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: September 4, 2004 11:27 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies!! Well actually...hmm something worked out!! I found a different studio and found a ballet class that fits into my time schedule!! Back to Ballet!! First class the 13th!! :O I can't wait hehe. Gotta get a leotard...I can wait for that part lol but...Its all good!! Maybe I will look into taking jazz anyway or even something else. I am happy i have my foot in the door and am about to jump in!! Dancing days are here again LOL Laughing
Kevin I actually saw that movie All That Jazz, i had to study it in a film class! Pretty cool dancing!!

hugs
mariko

Follow Your Bliss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: