quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Attention Ron

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: September 2, 2004 10:32 AM    Post subject: Attention Ron Reply with quote

You have been added to the wonderful group of freedom fighters. I got your PM. Very Happy

Yep...right up there next to Alison. I'd say you're in some mighty fine company.

It is so wonderful to see you...and smoke free. So glad you joined the growing number of quitters that have requested to have their names added to the list of Freedom Fighters.

What an inspiration.

Great hearing from you. I hope you hang around and post.

Sandyz
Ten months, one week, three days, 1 hour, 31 minutes and 35 seconds. 14177 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,935.28. Life saved: 7 weeks, 5 hours, 25 minutes.

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Ron

Quit Date:
March 28, 2003

PostPosted: September 8, 2004 3:51 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

I'll be checking in and posting from time to time. None of us can afford to forget where we've been for danger of returning there.

I still have days when I catch myself close to borrowing a smoke from a smoker friend and I have to stop and ask myself "What the he!! am I thinking?" I can't just have a smoke and walk away.

Interesting thing: Freedom is yours only for as long as you keep choosing it, but addicition, once it's in you, is with you for life. Those aren't the best odds, but each of us is proof that they can be overcome.

That's why Kevin's signature line (Keep choosing life) is so very appropriate. We have to keep choosing life and freedom. Addicition, on the other hand, will remind you on it's own schedule, and often when you least expect it.

Thank you for placing my name in the midst of such an esteemed group of freedom fighters. We are all equals, for if you chose not to smoke and declared your freedom today for the first time, then your task is the same as mine. Don't smoke, no matter what, and soon, the urge will pass.

Thanks again Sandy,
Ron

Ain't it a beautiful day to be alive and smoke-free?!
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: September 8, 2004 11:19 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are so right Ron...we never can forget where we were, or where we are heading.

I agree so much with this being a choice smoke or not. Live or die.

Quote:
Interesting thing: Freedom is yours only for as long as you keep choosing it, but addicition, once it's in you, is with you for life. Those aren't the best odds, but each of us is proof that they can be overcome.

I never thought about this untill now. Thanks. More food for thought. I am an addict for life...(God that sounds awful.) I will not feed my addiction. (That sound better i can deal with that. One day at a time)

Sandyz
Ten months, two weeks, two days, 14 hours, 13 minutes and 57 seconds. 14471 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,975.38. Life saved: 7 weeks, 1 day, 5 hours, 55 minutes.

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Ben's Mom

Quit Date:
July 6, 2004

PostPosted: September 8, 2004 11:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Laurie and I am an addict, too. Smile I will always be an addict and I will always have to fight the demon voice that tells me to feed my addiction. Like other recovering addicts, I am discovering the real strength that I possess inside of me. It is a journey to freedom, but we will always be freedom fighters.

For today I have won the battle. Tomorrow brings a renewed challenge and I will prepare myself to do battle again.

With this in mind....I thank you Ron for reminding me that I am not alone.

I hope your dreams take you... to the corners of your smiles, to the highest of your hopes, to the windows of your opportunities, and to the most special places your heart has ever known.
unknown author
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: